In 2015, TD Bank Group received the following awards and recognition:
- Named one of the “Top 50 Social Responsible Corporations in Canada” for the fifth consecutive year by Macleans magazine and Sustainalytics
- Named one of the “Best 50 Corporate Citizens in Canada” for the fifth consecutive year by Corporate Knights
- Named one of the "Global 100 Most Sustainable Organizations" by Corporate Knights
- Recognized by sustainability indices:
- Dow Jones Sustainability World Index
- Dow Jones Sustainability North American Index
- FTSE4Good Index
- Awarded best corporate sustainability report in the finance-bank sector by IFD-FSI
- TD placed 4th globally for best disclosure of carbon emissions in the Corporate Register CR Reporting Awards
- Named one of Canada’s Greenest Employers for the seventh consecutive year by Mediacorp Canada Inc.
- Top-scoring Canadian financial institution CDP by Climate Disclosure Leader 20151
- TD's Chief Environment Officer, Karen Clarke-Whistler, honoured for her “contribution to clean capitalism” – named as a financial industry sector leader for the second time by Canada's Clean50
- TD U.S. Blue Chip Equity Fund achieved a top Eco-Fund Rating in the Corporate Knights Eco-Fund Rankings
- TD received the U.S. EPA Green Power Leadership Award for sustained excellence in green power by EPA Green Power Partnership
- Ranked third globally among 20 top performers for managing climate change risk, with TD leading all banks by Boston Common Asset Management
- Named one of The Best Places to Work for LGBT Equality in the U.S. seven years in a row by Human Rights Campaign Foundation
- Named a Training Top 125 winner in the U.S. for the ninth consecutive year by Training magazine.
- Received the Gold Canadian Award for Training Excellence by the Canadian Society of Training and Development
- For the 10th year in a row, TD was named one of the Best Workplaces in Canada by Great Place to Work Institute TD was awarded the following by Mediacorp:
- One of Canada's Top 100 Employers
- Canada's Greenest Employers
- Canada's Best Diversity Employers
- Best of the Big Five Banks in Customer Service Excellence by Ipsos Reid (formerly Synovate)
- Best investor relations by a CFO - large cap for Colleen Johnston by IR Magazine Canada
- TD Canada Trust was named “Highest in Customer Satisfaction Among the Big Five Retail Banks” for the tenth year in a row by J.D. Power in the Canadian Retail Banking Study.2
- TD Bank ranked as the “Best Small Business Bank” in the U.S. Northeast according to the 2015 J.D. Power Small Business Banking Satisfaction StudySM3
Review Corporate Reputation
- For the second year in a row, TD Bank was named “Best Big Bank” by MONEY magazine in its ranking of Best Banks in America 2015-20164
- TD was awarded the following recognition by IR Magazine Canada (2016):
- Best corporate governance
- Best in sector financials
- TD awarded number one brand in Canada by Interbrand (2014)
- Named Safest Bank in North America and one of the World's 50 Safest Banks by Global Finance Magazine
- Named one of the World's Most Admired Companies by Fortune Magazine
- TD Canada Trust was awarded Most Trusted Brand™ by Reader's Digest
- Awarded Best Employee Campaign Award in the Major Banks Category by United Way Toronto
- Received the Gold Award in the Progressive Aboriginal Relations Certification program by the Canadian Council for Aboriginal Business
- Top Canadian firm and ranked #2 in North America on the Return on Disability Index for supporting and engaging people with disabilities (Fifth Quadrant Analytics)
- Named one of the Top 50 Companies for Diversity in the U.S. for the 3rd year in a row by Diversity Inc.
- Rated among the Top 10 Companies for Diversity Councils by Diversity Inc.
- Named 2015 Corporation of the Year for Supplier Diversity by the Canadian Aboriginal and Minority Supplier Council.
- Named 2015 Corporation of the Year for Supplier Diversity in Canada by WEConnect International.
1 Score: 99 for disclosure (out of 100) and A– for performance Listed on the Canada 200 Climate Disclosure Leadership Index (among top 20) TD is the top scoring Canadian financial institution among the Big 5 banks: Bank of Montreal, Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce, Royal Bank of Canada and Bank of Nova Scotia.
2 TD Canada Trust received the highest numerical score among the big five retail banks in the proprietary J.D. Power 2006-2015 Canadian Retail Banking Customer Satisfaction StudySM. Study based on over 14,000 total responses and measures opinions of consumers with their primary banking institution. Proprietary study results are based on experiences and perceptions of consumers surveyed April-May 2015. Your experiences may vary. Visit jdpower.com.
3 TD Bank, N.A. received the highest numerical score in the northeast in the proprietary J.D. Power 2015 Small Business Banking Satisfaction StudySM. Study based on 8,086 total responses, measuring 8 financial institutions in the northeast (Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont) and measures opinions of small business customers with annual revenues from $100,000 to $10 million. Proprietary study results are based on experiences and perceptions of customers surveyed in July-August 2015. Your results may vary. Visit www.jdpower.com
4 MONEY is a registered trademark of Time Inc. and is used under license. From MONEY® Magazine, November, 2015 © 2015 Time Inc. MONEY and Time Inc. are not affiliated with and do not endorse products or services of TD Bank, N.A. or TD Bank Group.