TDAM Talks 2022 Year Ahead with Robert Vanderhooft
Market Perspectives +
20 Minutes =
As 2021 comes to a close and we look forward to the year ahead, the investment landscape continues to evolve. High inflation, concerns about the Omicron variant of COVID-19, and the potential for decelerating global growth, are all factors that continue to be on the minds of investors and what TD Asset Management (TDAM) investment teams remain focused on entering the new year. Despite these concerns, there is plenty that TDAM is optimistic about globally, as economies are still growing, albeit at a slower pace, and corporations remain healthy.
On a new TDAM Talks podcast, Ingrid Macintosh, VP, TD Wealth and Head of Sales Enablement, Communications and Digital Strategy, TD Asset Management (TDAM), welcomes special guest Robert Vanderhooft, Chief Investment Officer, TDAM. Together they highlight key market themes and discussed during TDAM's recent Year Ahead broadcast advisor event and answer key questions that arose.
- What should investors expect from markets in the year ahead? (1:00)
- Might we see significant market correction in 2022? (5:40)
- Transitory or Transitional - What is your view on inflation and the impact it will have on specific sectors of the economy? What about interest rates? (7:20)
- What can you tell us about investment opportunities in Asia, and internationally? (10:30)
- How does our focus on ESG investing influence TDAM's decision making and investment process (12:30)
- What are your thoughts on alternative forms of energy such as nuclear? (16:45)
- What are the risks that no one is talking about? How about the opportunities? (20:00)
Visit the TDAM Insights page and keep an eye out for the Market Perspectives: Year Ahead edition which will be available shortly and look for more podcasts. Please engage the TDAM Talks team and send us an email at email@example.com to provide feedback or recommend future topics.