You are now leaving our website and entering a third-party website over which we have no control.
thinkorswim (powered by TD Ameritrade)
The platform for top-of-your-game traders
With pro grade tools and resources, the thinkorswim trading platform is designed to deliver a holistic, live level II advantage when trading U.S. stocks and options.
- A fully customizable trading platform
- Free, real-time streaming U.S. equity and option level I and II data
- Trade multi-leg option strategies with up to four legs
- thinkorswim app lets you keep an eye on your trades and positions
- Test with no risk using a paperMoney® account (also available on the app)
- When you're ready to activate your account, the minimum deposit is $25,000 U.S. Each account is required to maintain a minimum total equity and cash balance of $25,000 U.S. for trading options in your account.
Discover trading opportunities as they happen
- Get live CNBC newsfeeds and stay on top of the markets around the clock and around the world.
- Free access to chat rooms with other pro-level traders who analyze and share their thoughts on the market
- Real-time streaming updates on analyst up/downgrades, block trades, trade imbalances, events on the trading floor, and much more through the Trade Flash gadget
Evaluate your ideas
From company fundamentals, to research and analytics features, thinkorswim delivers.
- Get company stats in the fundamental data tab, including earnings, probability analysis, and ratios
- Apply 400+ technical studies and 50+ patterns to clarify your point of entry and exit
- Replay recorded market data and trade it like in real time with thinkOnDemand
- View an option’s theoretical price, implied volatility or probability of hitting the strike or expiring
- See the current day’s option volume and compare it to the past five-day average with the Sizzle Index™
Action your ideas
Trade U.S. equities, options, and ETFs
Set rules to automatically trigger orders that can help you capture opportunities and manage risk, including conditional orders, contingent orders (such as OCO brackets), and pairs trading
One-click trading so you can send your order to market in seconds
Trade option strategies up to 4 legs with one of over 30 pre-defined strategies. Or develop your own strategy
Strategy Roller lets you create a covered call strategy up front using predefined criteria, and our platform will automatically roll it forward month by month
Track your ideas
Keep track of your trades and the markets, and get alerts to keep your ideas on track.
Monitor your portfolio with real-time streaming P&L and buying power updates
Use the Beta Weighting tool to see how all your positions are performing against an index or symbol, including an overview of how they might perform in an upcoming week or if volatility were to increase
Direct access to your filled, cancelled, or expired historical orders so that you can copy/create the opposite order in just one click, saving valuable time and reducing the risk of order entry errors
Stay on top of your positions and the securities you follow with custom price and event alerts, such as dividends, earnings or major news
Access our most powerful U.S. options platform from the palm of your hand with the thinkorswim app
Tools you can use
In-platform webcasts, virtual accounts and immersive courses.
Test your strategies risk-free in a virtual account. Run through scenarios with up to $100,000 virtual dollars before putting them in to practice for real
Your go-to place for tutorials and guides to thinkorswim features
Not your run-of-the-mill manual, this quick-start guide will help you get started
Daily live lessons give you a deep dive into thinkorswim. Demos and individual tutorials focus on each of the main platform sections
For those new to the platform, the webcast covers the basics.
You may also be interested in
Well worth the investment
Open an account online – it's fast and easy
Whether you're new to self-directed investing or an experienced trader, we welcome you.