Perfect for when you're heading
south of the border.
Discover your TD U.S. Dollar Visa* Card
Travelling to U.S.
Welcome to your new TD U.S. Dollar Visa* Card
Quick steps to getting started and making the most of your Card
- Activate your TD U.S. Dollar Visa* Card simply by calling the number on the sticker found on your new Card, then follow the prompts. Don't forget to sign your Card!
- Access the PIN assigned to your Card by calling 1-800-983-8472 to hear your assigned PIN or to change your assigned PIN over the phone.
- Register for EasyWeb Online Banking to access and manage your Account online and sign up for online statements or, if you prefer to bank by phone, call EasyLine Phone Banking at 1-866-222-3456.
- Learn how to add your Card to Apple Pay if you have an iPhone, to make convenient, everyday payments with just a tap of your phone
- Learn how to add your Card to TD Mobile Payment through the TD app if you use Android, and you can pay safely and securely in a few seconds.
- Download the TD app to view your Credit Card Account almost anywhere. Plus, you can bank at home, or on the go.
Enjoy the value and convenience of:
- Making purchases in U.S. dollars and getting billed in U.S. dollars
- Paying your Account in U.S. dollars, so you always know exactly how much you’ve spent
- Avoiding the standard 2.5% Foreign Exchange Conversion Fee when using your Card in the U.S
- Your statement reflects the exact cost of your U.S. dollar purchases, so you no longer have to calculate exchange rates.
Save with Avis Rent a Car and Budget Rent a Car
- Avis: You can reserve your Avis car rental by visiting avis.com/tdcreditcards. Quote Avis Worldwide Discount (AWD) #C078400 at time of reservation and charge the full rental to your TD U.S. Dollar Visa* Card
- Budget: You can reserve your Budget car rental by visiting budget.com/tdcreditcards. Quote Budget Customer Discount (BCD) #A331700 at time of reservation and charge the full rental to your TD U.S. Dollar Visa* Card
- Repair, replacement or reimbursement, should eligible items be lost, stolen or damaged within 90 days of purchase
- Double your warranty, up to 12 additional months, if the eligible item came with a manufacturer's warranty valid in Canada
- Comprehensive emergency medical coverage up to $5 Million, if eligible, for when you are travelling outside of your province or territory, whether internationally or within Canada
- No out-of-pocket costs for eligible emergency medical expenses
- 24/7 emergency medical assistance
Help and assistance
- Fast replacement Cards so you’ll never be stranded. Report your lost or stolen Card immediately and the TD Credit Card Contact Centre will do its best to get a replacement Card to you wherever you are.
- Fast, reliable access to cash You can ask for an emergency Cash Advance of up to $500 in emergency funds (subject to your available credit limit), at over one million ATMs worldwide, at all TD Canada Trust branches and at select financial institutions around the world.
- Getting information when you need it The TD Credit Card Contact Centre can help you with important information, such as the location of the nearest Visa member office for Cash Advances or contact numbers for embassies and consulates.
Manage your Account, your way
TD Green Machine® ATMs
Access and manage your Card Account at any of our ATMs.
EasyWeb® Online banking
Manage your Card Account easily online.
EasyLine® telephone banking
Give us a call to access or manage your Card Account.
Get secure access to TD’s mobile banking service anywhere you are.
Emergency Travel Assistance Services12
- Translation services in the event of an emergency situation
- Lost document and ticket replacement
- Emergency Cash Transfer in the event of a theft, loss or emergency. Our Administrator can assist you to obtain a Cash Advance which will be charged to your Account.
In Canada and U.S.A. call 1-800-871-8334. In Other Countries call collect 416-977-8297.
Travel Tip #1: Travel with confidence
Before you travel, ensure your contact details are up to date.
Travel Tip #2: Make sure your TD Credit Card is travel ready
If you plan to make Cash Advances from your TD Credit Card Account through an ATM while you are travelling, it’s a good idea to:
- Confirm your daily ATM withdrawal limit for your TD Credit Card to ensure you can access the amount you need when you need it. To confirm your current daily ATM withdrawal limit, simply call us at 1-800-983-8472 (North America) or call collect at 416-307-7722 (outside of North America).
- Remember that any Cash Advances made on your TD Credit Card Account are subject to interest charges from the date of the transaction, as well as a Cash Advance transaction fee.
- See your Cardholder Agreement and Disclosure Statement for complete information on Cash Advances.
- Ensure that your TD Credit Card PIN number is not longer than four digits, as some ATMs outside of North America may only accept four-digit PINS. If you need to change your PIN for your TD U.S. Dollar Visa* Credit Card, call our automated phone line (IVR) at 1-800-983-8472. You cannot change your PIN for your TD U.S. Dollar Visa* Card at a TD Canada Trust Branch or TD Canada Trust Green Machine (ATM).
Travel Tip #3: Purchasing gas at U.S. pumps using your TD Credit Card
Simply take the three digits of your postal code (e.g., K2L 2K4 = 224) and then add two zeros (e.g., 22400) and you will be able to pay at the pump using your TD Credit Card.
- Shop online and in person securely with Visa Zero Liability and be protected in the event that unauthorized transactions are made on your Card. See your Cardholder Agreement for complete information on unauthorized transactions and your responsibilities including your responsibility to protect your PIN.
- Shop with confidence with chip & PIN technology. Chip and PIN technology provides an added level of security through the use of a Personal Identification Number (PIN).
- Verified by Visa* provides you with increased security and convenience when you shop online.
Change your TD U.S. Dollar Visa* Card PIN
Hear your assigned PIN: If you forget or do not know your assigned PIN, you can call our automated telephone line (IVR) at 1-800-983-8472 to hear your assigned PIN.
Using your Card
- In the U.S.: U.S. merchants continue to upgrade to chip & PIN-enabled terminals. However, during this time of transition, when you are at a merchant in the U.S. where PINs are not yet accepted, you will still be able to use your new chip & PIN Card, but you will be asked to sign your receipt. Please note that a PIN is required when using your Card at ATMs in the U.S. to make a Cash Advance.
- In Canada: Most, if not all, merchants in Canada have chip & PIN-enabled terminals which means you can use your new Card with your PIN at these merchants. Please note that a PIN is required when using your Card at ATMs in Canada to make a Cash Advance.
- Choose a PIN you can remember that's difficult to guess. Don't use a phone number or birthday
- Never write down your PIN.
- Protect your PIN and use your hand or body to shield the keypad when you enter your PIN.
- Never let anyone else know or use your PIN or use your Card.
- Make transactions only when and where you feel secure. If in doubt, don’t use your Card.
- You may receive a phone call from a TD Credit Card Customer Service Representative asking you to confirm that you, or an Authorized User, performed a transaction on your TD U.S. Dollar Visa* Card or Account.
- During a transaction, a merchant may receive an electronic message requesting that they contact the TD Credit Card Contact Centre and allow you to speak with one of our Customer Service Representatives.
- Your Card may be temporarily blocked until we can contact you for verification.
- You can now automatically receive TD Fraud Alerts to your mobile phone any time we suspect suspicious activity on your TD U.S. Dollar Visa* Card, or on any Authorized User Card on your Account. Learn more.