Buying a Second Property
Why get a second property?
You may be looking to finance a vacation home or purchase a residential investment property. Both of these home ownership goals can be achieved through a variety of financing options.
- You can apply for a new mortgage loan secured by the second property.
- You could refinance your existing mortgage loan to access the equity that you have built in your primary home.
- You may want to consider a TD Home Equity FlexLine which offers the flexibility of a line of credit with the stability of a term portion.
Mortgage Payment Calculator
Budget for a second property.
Your second property: what you need to know
- The Canadian Home Buyers Plan for using RRSP's is not eligible on a second property.
- Some costs are much the same as your first purchase: valuation fees, legal fees, and a title search.
Found your dream home?
If you've made an offer, complete your mortgage application online now!
Ready to start your pre-approval? Have a TD Mortgage Specialist call you.
Book an appointment
Visit a branch at a time that’s convenient for you.
Too busy to visit a branch?
Meet with a Mortgage Specialist at your home, workplace, coffee shop, or other convenient location.