Open an Account
All new account applicants are legally required to provide appropriate documentation indicating the citizenship of the account holders. Review the documentation required to open an account below, along with a selection of downloadable forms for your convenience.
Identification Required to Open an Account
Canadian and other non-U.S. citizens must provide a Social Insurance Number (SIN) and a copy of one of the following pieces of identification:
- Valid Passport
- Drivers License
- Birth Certificate (if under 21)
- Government Issued Age of Majority card
If a SIN number is not provided, the documentation must be certified as true by us.
Downloadable Forms for Clients
Note: These documents are in PDF format and require Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- W-8BEN - Certificate of Foreign Status of Beneficial Owner for United States Withholding Tax and Reporting (Individuals)
- Instructions for Form W-8BEN
- W-8BEN-E - Certificate of Status of Beneficial Owner for United States Tax Withholding and Reporting (Entities)
- Instructions for Form W-8BEN-E
- W-8IMY - Certificate of Foreign Intermediary, Foreign Flow-Through Entity, Or Certain U.S. Branches for United States Tax Withholding
- Instructions for Form W-8IMY
- W-9 - Request for Taxpayer Identification Number and Certification
- Instructions for Form W-9
- Waiver of Client Confidentiality
- Qualified Intermediary Addendum to New Client Application Form
- IRS Tax Reporting Change - New Internal Revenue Service (IRS) Regulatory Change for Tax Reporting on Registered Plan Accounts
Third Party Information
Third party information includes other persons with:
- Trading Authority or Power of Attorney over the account
- General Power of Attorney over the account
- Guarantee on the account
- Financial interest in the account
If you have any questions about these forms or the required documentation, please contact us.