- Carry only the identification and credit cards you
need when travelling. Minimize the identification
information and number of cards you carry.
- Don’t carry your SIN card; leave it
in a secure place.
- Your bank card is the key to your account(s). It is for your
personal use only. Keep your card in a safe place
and never lend it to anyone.
- Do not carry your cards in your
- Never leave your bank cards, credit cards, cheques or
identification unattended at work or in your car. These
places are not secure.
- If your chequebook is lost or stolen,
immediately call your bank and inform them of the missing cheque
- Sign your credit cards in permanent ink as
soon as you receive them.
- Make a list of all your cards and their
numbers and store this list securely. Credit card numbers
can be used to conduct transactions without the card present.
- When making a purchase, keep your card in view at all
times; ensure you take your card back as soon as a
transaction swipe has been completed.
- Do not sign a blank cheque or charge