Privacy and Security
The protection you need to bank and invest with confidence
TD uses comprehensive safeguards to protect the integrity and security of your information and financial transactions, whichever way you choose to bank.
- Privacy practices. We are committed to protecting your privacy and the confidentiality of your personal information from our ATM network and public website to online banking and mobile banking. These practices are fundamental to the way we do business. View our privacy commitments.
- Secure technology. We employ the most up-to-date security standards to protect our systems, our public websites and your information. Your banking and investing take place behind secure firewalls. Learn more about our secure technology.
- Enhanced identity protection. Passwords, Personal Identification Numbers (PINs) and access codes are used to prevent others from accessing your accounts.
- Proactive monitoring. Our systems and websites are monitored 24/7 to proactively identify unusual activity and provide you with around-the-clock peace of mind.
Green Machine ATMs
Learn more about secure Green Machine ATM banking.
TD customers can now get to the help they need, faster! TD VoicePrintTM uses voice recognition technology to create a print of your voice that is composed of over 100 unique characteristics. Once enrolled, TD VoicePrint uses these characteristics to confirm your identity when you call. It's safer than a PhoneCode or a PIN, and you won't need to answer authentication questions to access your account. Save time and enjoy added protection when you call EasyLine by enrolling in TD VoicePrint. Learn more and see how to enroll today.
Steps you can take to protect yourself
- Choose unique passwords that you'll remember but would be difficult for others to guess. A combination of letters, numbers and special characters should be used for better protection, and it's recommended that you change your password every 3 months.
- Never disclose your passwords/PINs to anyone, especially online, not even to the police, your financial institution, your insurance company or your Internet service provider. TD Bank Group will never send you unsolicited emails asking you to reply with passwords, account numbers or PINs.
- Use a firewall. Firewalls guard your home network from potential hackers and offensive websites. Learn about other ways to protect your computer.
- Use anti-virus and anti-malware software. Updated anti-virus and anti-malware software can protect your computer from threats and cyber-attacks.