TDAM Talks ETFs Podcast: Fixed Income Considerations
Published: Dec. 19, 2022
Market Perspectives +
20 Minutes =
Fixed income assets continue to be an important component of most diversified portfolios as they can provide opportunities for income, total return and risk reduction during periods of volatility. Given the unprecedented markets that we've experienced this year due to high inflation and interest rate hikes, it's important to remember that the portfolio management team at TD Asset Management Inc. (TDAM) is constantly monitoring the bond markets to gauge risk and identify opportunities to generate positive returns.
On a new TDAM Talks ETFs podcast, Thomas Grant, Vice President, ETF Capital Markets, TDAM, welcomes Benjamin Chim, Vice President and Director, Lead of High-Yield Fixed Income Team, TDAM. Together they discuss the current fixed income landscape and the impact of rising interest rates, key factors that investors should keep in mind as well as the fixed income Exchange-Traded Fund (ETF) offerings available through TDAM.
- The current state of the fixed income market (2:51)
- The role 'duration' plays in a fixed income portfolio (7:07)
- Key considerations when investing in fixed income (8:48)
- What are investors buying? (10:22)
- TDAM's suite of fixed income solutions (13:47)
For more information, download the ETF Product Guide to view TDAM's full range of TD ETFs, or visit the ETF Resource Centre for TD ETF strategies and solutions, educational information and other additional resources. Additionally, check out the funds below as mentioned in the podcast:
- TD Select Short Term Corporate Bond Ladder ETF (TCSB)
- TD Select US Short Term Corporate Bond Ladder ETF (TUSB)
- TD Active Global Income ETF (TGFI)
- TD Active US High Yield Bond ETF (TUHY)
You can also visit the TDAM Insights page for our latest market or fund commentary.
Also, remember to follow us on social media (LinkedIn) for the latest news and insights.
If you have any questions about what you've heard or would like to discuss any of these topics further, please contact your investment professional.