Change is inevitable. This year we are experiencing a great deal of change; the COVID-19 pandemic changing to an endemic, the change in how we typically view inflation, and now a change in leadership at TDAM.
On a new TDAM Talks podcast, Ingrid Macintosh, VP, TD Wealth and Head of Sales Enablement, Communications and Digital Strategy, TD Asset Management Inc. (TDAM), welcomes David Sykes, the new Chief Investment Officer at TDAM, and Justin Flowerday, the new Managing Director and Head of Equities, TDAM. Together they discuss the current state of investment markets, in lieu of our ongoing struggle with COVID-19 and the burgeoning conflict in Europe, the approach to changing mandates at TDAM, and finally both David and Justin will speak to a focal market event in their careers and how they persevered.
- What is your interpretation of the current state of the markets? (1:30)
- What are your thoughts on valuations and fundamentals at the current levels? (3:30)
- David what is your approach to your new role as Chief Investment Officer? (9:30)
- Justin how what are your thoughts on your transition from managing the equity research team to Managing Director of Equities? (12:00)
- What is one event over your career that has proven to be one of the most important for the both of you? (15:30)
- What do you think about your team's future? (18:30)