In a new edition of the TDAM Talks Podcast, Investor Knowledge Series, Naoum Tabet, Managing Director, Lead of the Institutional Client Portfolio Management Team, speaks with Anthony Foss, Vice President and Director, about the recent headlines concerning global banks, hybrid Banking securities, and the investment opportunities in bank-issued debt and how these opportunities materialized.
- Why Canadian Banks may be in a better position than their global counterparts? (2:30)
- Non-Viability Contingent Capital securities - how do these work? (6:45)
- What are the liquidity risks in Canadian Bank issued capital securities? (9:15)
- Extension Risk - what is this? (10:50)
- Why are capital securities an attractive opportunity for a diversified institutional portfolio? (13:05)