High PRI Assessment ScoresWe strive for the highest possible scores across assessment modules.
Direct ESG EngagementsWe directly engage in ESG activities with companies across a range of industries.
Proxy Voting ActivitiesSince 2008, we have supported 750+ shareholder proposals related to several environmental and social issues.
Achievements and Initiatives
- Supporting Principles for Responsible Investment (PRI) since 2008. TDAM was among the first Canadian bank-owned asset managers to sign the United Nations-backed PRI.
View the 2020 RI Transparency Report for TDAM and TD Greystone*
- A Carbon Disclosure Project (CDP) signatory, for CDP Climate Change, Forests, and Water. CDP envisions a thriving economy that benefits our people and planet in the long-term.
- A Canadian Coalition of Good Governance (CCGG) participant that promotes good governance in Canadian public companies, improves the regulatory environment and align board interests with shareholder interests.
- A Climate Action 100+ signatory for an investor initiative that holds the world's largest greenhouse gas emitters accountable for their impacts on climate change.
- An Investor Stewardship Group (ISG) signatory for an investor-led organization that established a framework of basic investment stewardship and corporate governance standards.
- An active member of the Global Real Estate Sustainability Benchmark (GRESB), the leading ESG benchmark for real assets.
- Strong collaboration with regulators, stock exchanges, global partners, and ESG data providers to strengthen the sustainable finance agenda. TDAM was one of twenty institutional investors to join a pilot project conducted by the United Nations Environment Programme - Finance Initiative (UNEP FI) to assess how climate change could impact investor portfolios worldwide. Learn more
- Institutional Investor signatory to RIA Canada's Canadian Investor Statement on Diversity & Inclusion. As statement that acknowledges the existence of systemic racism and its impacts on Black and Indigenous communities and People of Colour in Canada and globally.
* TD Greystone Asset Management (TD Greystone) legally amalgamated with TD Asset Management Inc. (TDAM) on November 1, 2019.
TDAM's Sustainable Investing Approach
At TDAM, sustainability is a long-term investment. This firm-wide approach helps our investment teams tackle ESG integration and adopt processes for their mandates. Our ESG Engagement Committee, comprised of diverse and seasoned professionals, oversees our ESG strategy and efforts.