TDAM Pandemic Preparedness Update
On behalf of TD Asset Management (TDAM), I would like to wish you good health during this unsettling time. I hope you and your loved ones are staying safe.
TDAM is committed to supporting your investment needs and I would like to take this opportunity to provide you with an update regarding our pandemic preparedness.
The top priority at TDAM remains the health and safety of our colleagues and clients.
Our firm continues to actively monitor and assess the evolving health risks posed by COVID19, and we are closely following guidelines and updates from public health organizations, government agencies and global health authorities. TDAM is prepared and has plans in place to maintain business continuity, essential investment services and address potential developments while keeping clients informed of our latest insights on market impacts.
With operations in North America and elsewhere, we have business continuity plans in place to address a variety of situations, including pandemics. We regularly review, test and update our plans to be as prepared as possible. Below are some of the steps we have taken to reinforce our preparedness during this developing situation:
- All colleagues have been provided health and hygiene best practices to follow. The limited number of colleagues currently on-site have been provided with our physical distancing guidance, as well as cleaning and hygiene kits for use at their locations as we continue to clean and disinfect our workplaces on a frequent basis.
- Out of an abundance of caution, TDAM has suspended all domestic and international business travel at this time.
- Implemented a mandatory two-week self-isolation for all colleagues who have traveled before returning to work.
- Implemented new technology to provide the ability to conduct meetings online. All large in-person gatherings have been canceled.
- TDAM has the capacity and capability for almost all staff to work from home, and key teams are enabled to transition to fully work from home. We are currently fully operational with approximately 90% of staff working from home.
- In addition to our primary business continuity hot site, TDAM added multiple sites to build a robust split team plan where all colleagues follow our mandatory physical distancing guidance, use hygiene kits and have enhanced cleaning schedules in place for colleagues that choose to work from these locations.
COVID-19 remains a driver of economic uncertainty. We will continue to closely monitor events as they evolve and hold firm in our belief that maintaining a portfolio of high-quality assets is critical to long-term investment success. While there is always potential for market volatility, we encourage investors to remain focused on the long-term. TDAM's investment professionals are continually evaluating and re-evaluating the investment environment for both risks and opportunities to best position portfolios during this pandemic.
Mark Cestnik, CFA Managing Director, TD Asset Management Inc.