Sharing a checking or savings account can be a good idea for a variety of relationships, such as married or unmarried partners; parents and children; seniors and caregivers.
A joint bank account makes it easy to:
- Pay shared bills, like rent, mortgage or utility bills
- Buy shared items, like groceries
- Create a budget and keep track of spending
- Contribute to financial goals, both big and small
- Deposit checks for each other
Plus, with two people contributing to your monthly balance, you may even be able to upgrade to an account with more features like TD Beyond Checking and TD Signature Savings.