California Consumer Privacy Act
We collect certain categories of personal information when you visit our site, and we use that information for business and commercial purposes. Please refer to the California Consumer Privacy Act tab below to view the categories and purposes for which we may collect personal information For more information, about our online practices, view our Online Privacy Code.
If you wish to have TD not sell your personal information to a third party, please click: Do Not Sell My Personal Information.
You may have other rights in addition to the right to opt out of the sale of personal information to third parties. Please scroll down to view the California Consumer Privacy Act tab for an explanation of those rights.
California Consumer Privacy Act
Make a Privacy Request
California Consumer Privacy Act
Financial institutions collect personal information necessary to offer and provide financial products and services, as well as permitted by federal, state, and local law. The purposes for which TD Bank and its affiliates** ("TD") collect personal information include, but are not limited to:
- Operational Purposes. Includes offering and providing financial products and services, processing and fulfilling payments and other transactions, and to service existing or prospective accounts, products and service offerings.
- Security and Fraud Detection. Includes verifying consumer's identities, detection of security incidents, protecting against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent or illegal activity and support prosecution of such activity.
- Marketing and Data Analytics. This includes advertising and marketing initiatives and services, data analytics and quality assurance reviews.
- Internet and Web Interaction. Please see our Online Privacy Code for a detailed explanation on the data collected when you interact with one of our targeted ads or view any of our electronic communications.
- Legal and Regulatory Obligations. Includes collection, disclosure, and storage of data necessary to comply with statutory or regulatory requirements.
- Employment Purposes. Includes collection, disclosure, and storage of personal information necessary for job application and recruitment processes, employment, termination, and benefits related activities. Please refer to our Talent Acquisition Privacy Statement.
- Other notified purposes. For any other purposes disclosed to you at the time we collect your information or pursuant to your consent.
The categories of personal information that TD may collect include:
- Personally Identifiable Information. This includes, but is not limited to, personal identifiers such as name, alias, address, social security number, passport number, e-mail address, Internet Protocol address and other online identifiers, and other similar identifiers.
- Financial and Medical Information. This can include data from consumer reports, personal financial statements, information accessed providing lockbox services to health-related entities.
- Protected Class Characteristics. Includes information about race, color, religion or creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status.
- Commercial Information. Includes records of real or personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered and other consuming histories and tendencies.
- Biometric Information. Biometric data that can be used to establish identity; includes voice, finger, eye and facial prints or recognition.
- Internet or Other Web or Network Activity. Includes browsing and search history, and interactions with websites, advertisements, and applications.
- Geolocation Data.
- Audio, Electronic, Visual, or Similar Information.
- Professional or Employment Information.
- Education Information.
- Inferences. Insights that we use to build a profile about you; includes profiles, preferences, and behaviors drawn from collection and analytics of any of the other categories of personal information collected.
- For all of the stated purposes above for which TD may collect personal information.
- Auditing Purposes. Related to our interaction with you and concurrent transactions, including, but not limited to, counting ad impressions to unique visitors, verifying positioning and quality of ad impressions, and auditing compliance with those specifications and other standards.
- Debugging/Repair Activity. Debugging to identify and repair errors that impair, or may impair, existing system and application functionality.
- Short-term transient use for our purposes.
- For services performed on our behalf by a service provider, or performing services on behalf of a business for which TD is a service provider. Includes, but is not limited to, maintaining or servicing accounts, providing customer service, processing or fulfilling orders and transactions, verifying customer information, processing payments, providing financing, advertising, marketing, or analytic services, or providing such similar services on behalf of a business or service provider.
Your CCPA Rights
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) provides California residents rights regarding the collection and use of their personal information, subject to certain exceptions. An authorized party may submit requests on your behalf. The authorized party must provide a valid power of attorney, or proof of registration with the California Secretary of State as an authorized agent on your behalf.
Generally, California residents have the following rights:
- To request a disclosure of the personal information that has been collected; the categories of sources from which the information was collected; the business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling the personal information; the categories of third parties with which the personal information may be shared; and access to the specific personal information in a portable format.
- To request that a business delete any personal information about the consumer, subject to certain exceptions.
- To opt out of the sale of personal information to third parties at any time please click: Do not sell my personal information.
- To not be denied a product or service, charged a different price or rate, or denied a discount or other benefit because the consumer exercised any of his/her rights under the CCPA.
What you will receive
- Request to Access
You will receive a portable copy of any personal information TD has collected on you during the 12 months immediately preceding your request. This will include any information provided in your CCPA request form. You may submit a request no more than two times in a 12-month period; this period begins upon your submission of the request form.
- Request to Delete
Consistent with applicable law, we will delete your information upon request.
- Request to Opt-out
You will not receive a confirmation to a request to opt-out. TD will process your opt-out request following submission of your request form.
If you are a California resident you can access a copy of, delete, or opt-out of sharing, your personal information by calling us at the appropriate numbers below.
TD Bank Customers, including auto loans originated directly with TD Bank
TD Auto Finance Customers
Applied for an auto loan at a dealership within the past 12 months
TD Retail Card Services Customers
Send a Letter
Attention: Chief Privacy Officer
P.O. Box 9540
Portland, ME 04112-9540