What you need for account opening and loan application
Be prepared with the information and documents you'll need to open your small business deposit account or to apply for a loan or line of credit. This helps verify your business and key individuals associated with it.
To complete your application online or in person, you'll need some basic info, including:
- Your legal business name and address1
- Your Tax ID Number (some business owners may use their Social Security Number)
- A valid driver's license, state-issued ID or passport to validate your identity
- If you plan to add other authorized signers, beneficial owners and/or individuals with control, you'll need each person's name, physical address, phone number, date of birth, Social Security Number and valid ID. A job title is required for individual with control as applicable
Documents you'll need for your application
Loans and lines of credits
Information on all beneficial owners or the individual with control2
If you open your deposit account or apply for your loan or line of credit at a TD Bank, you'll need to provide a signed and completed certification form with information on all beneficial owners and the one individual with control. If you open your account or apply online, this information will be gathered as part of your application.
- What is a beneficial owner?
Each individual, if any, who owns, directly or indirectly, through any contract, arrangement, understanding, relationship or otherwise, 25% or more of the equity interests of the legal entity (e.g., each natural person who owns 25% or more of the shares of a corporation). There may be instances where you will be asked to provide this information on 10% owners.
- What is an individual with control?
One individual with significant responsibility for managing the legal entity, such as an executive officer or senior manager (e.g., Chief Executive Officer, Chief Financial Officer, Chief Operating Officer, Managing Member, General Partner, President, Vice President, Treasurer); or any other individual who regularly performs similar functions.