Starting a Business in Canada
Research Your Idea
Before setting out on a new venture, find out whether your business idea has what it takes to succeed. Figure out what you'll need to know by asking questions like:
- Is there a market for your idea?
- Who are your competitors and what they are doing?
- Do you have a business plan?
- What are the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats to your idea?
- Can you afford to start and how will you manage cash flow?
Articles on Starting Your Business
Research, validate, talk to industry insiders, and test your idea to ensure it has what it takes to succeed.
Marketplaces, subscription models, drop-shipping, and freemium offers are four ways to expand your business online.
Ways to fund your business include: self-financing, partnering with another business, angel investors, grants.
Get in touch
Contact an Account Manager
Talk to an Account Manager Small Business (AMSB) to discuss your business needs.
Talk to a Small Business Specialist at our Small Business Advice Centre.