You are now leaving our website and entering a third-party website over which we have no control.
Starting a Business in Canada
Starting a business can be a challenging and rewarding endeavour. With the right planning, resources, and groundwork you'll enjoy a better chance of success.
Finance Your Business
Find the money and manage your cashflow.
You may have questions when it comes to finding the funds to start a business, including:
- How much will I need to get started, and where will I find the money? Download our Start-up Costs template.
- How much will I need to keep the business running until I reach break-even? Use our Cash Flow Calculator.
- What will my monthly loan payments be? Use our Loan Calculator.
For more help with your financing needs, explore our borrowing options here.
Sources of financing
While bank loans are an option, most start-ups fund their own business initially. See if any of the following ideas are right for you:
- Personal savings may be a cost-effective form of financing.
- Evaluate your assets and consider if selling or refinancing makes sense for you and your business.
- Find efficiencies – consider paying yourself a low salary, sublease your space, buy materials on consignment, etc.
Government small business loans and government grants are also a great place to look.