Benefits of Investing in Mutual Funds
Are mutual funds right for me?
Investing in mutual funds depends a lot on where you are in life—have you been investing for a while or starting out? How much time and money do you have? A great thing about mutual funds is they can get you into the market without having to pick stocks and pay transaction fees.
Other reasons include:
- Buy into multiple industry sectors
- No need to constantly monitor the markets
- Setting up an automated plan to invest each week or month
Types of mutual funds
With the self-directed investor in mind, TD Direct Investing offers a full range of professionally-managed funds and portfolios across all asset classes.
D-series funds—low cost solutions
Mutual fund pricing
It's the service, support, and overall experience of investing with us that defines the value for you.
What you get:
- Analysts' Choice Funds list
- Comparison and screener tools
- Morningstar commentary
- Educational resources
Start investing in mutual funds with TD Direct Investing
- Open an account online
- Select the TD Direct Investing account you want to open—then complete the quick online application.
- Start funding your account
- Once your account is open, transfer your money online to get started. Moving investments from another brokerage? Ask about how we could cover the transfer fees up to $150.1
- Start investing toward your goals
- Build your balanced portfolio, using mutual funds, ETFs, stocks, options, GICs and more.
It's easy to open a cash, margin, RSP, or TFSA account.
We're here for you. Monday to Friday, 7 am to 6 pm ET
Book an appointment
Let's chat, face-to-face at a TD location convenient to you.