Why Stocks or Equities?
Easy to buy and sell
Gain ownership and the right to vote
Capitalize on growing companies
Is investing in stocks or equities right for me?
- Enjoy following business trends, reviewing industry sectors and researching various companies
- Are comfortable with market volatility and seeing your investments potentially hit record-breaking highs and ground-breaking lows in the short term
- Want a more active role in managing your investments
The Two Types of Stocks
Depending on your needs and circumstances, there are a couple stock types for you to consider.
Stocks Pricing: Clear and Simple
It's the service, support, and overall experience of investing with us that defines the value for you.
Standard: $9.99 flat rate to buy or sell
Active trader: $7.00 flat rate
What you get:
- Real-time market data and quotes for the Canadian and U.S. markets
- Exclusive research reports
- Educational resources that are online and on-demand
How to start investing in Stocks or Equities with TD Direct Investing
- Open an account online
- Select the TD Direct Investing account you want to open online or book an appointment.
- Start funding your account
- Once your account is open, transfer your money online to get started. Moving investments from another brokerage? Ask about how we could cover the transfer fees up to $150.1
- Start investing toward your goals
- Build your portfolio, using ETFs, stocks, options, mutual funds, GICs and more.
Looking for a simpler, easier way to start investing?
It's easy to open a cash, margin, RSP, or TFSA account.
We're here for you. Monday to Friday, 7 am to 6 pm ET
Book an appointment
Let's chat, face-to-face at a TD location convenient to you.