Disputing a transaction on your TD Access Card or TD Credit Card
What to consider before starting your dispute
Whether you are looking to dispute a transaction on your TD Access Card or TD Credit Card, make sure:
- The transaction is related to a purchase you made with your TD Credit Card or TD Access Card:
To submit a dispute, it must be for a purchase made with your TD Credit Card or TD Access Card. If you find a transaction on your statement that's from a merchant you haven't transacted with, then the charge could be fraudulent. If you suspect the transaction is fraudulent, please contact EasyLine (TD Access Cards or ATM transactions: 1-866-222-34561-866-222-3456 / TD Credit Cards: 1-800-983-84721-800-983-8472 ) immediately.
- You attempt to resolve with the merchant prior to initiating a dispute:
Once you speak to the merchant, your issue can often be resolved, and your money refunded.
- You submit a transaction dispute request within the following timeframe:
- TD Credit Card: within 60 days of the credit card statement closing date
- TD Access Card: within 30 days of the date you have received notice of the transaction as per your account agreement
How it works for TD Credit Card transaction disputes
- All transactions need to be posted
- Transactions may temporarily show under Pending and Posted at the same time. We can't assist you with a transaction dispute until the transaction has been posted, which may take 2-3 days.
- Remember to review your receipts
- Merchants can use different names and may bill you from offices in different locations.
- Confirm the cancellation of a monthly Subscription
- For monthly or trial subscriptions, before you dispute review the details and ensure the subscription is cancelled.
- Submit one dispute for each transaction
- We are currently experiencing high volumes of disputes related to COVID-19 and will process your request as quickly as possible. Please do not re-submit your request. We appreciate your patience.