TFSA - Designation of Successor Holder and/or Beneficiary
Complete this form to designate or change a successor holder and/or beneficiary of your Tax-Free Savings Account (TFSA) and/or assets.
The designation is subject to the laws of the applicable jurisdiction (province or territory). If the laws of the applicable jurisdiction do not permit such a designation in the TFSA, it may be made only in a will (or, in Quebec, a marriage contract).
- A successor holder must be your spouse or common-law partner, as defined by the Income Tax Act. That person will take over your account upon your death.
- A beneficiary can be anyone, including your spouse or common-law partner. If the TFSA has only a beneficiary designated, the funds will be paid, upon your death, in cash to the beneficiary.
Fillable | Get Adobe® Reader®
How to fill this form
- Click on the link above to open the form.
- Complete form details and print. You cannot save data typed into this form.
- Mail to the address indicated on the upper right section of the page.
We’re Here to Help
If you have any questions or require assistance, contact our Investment Representatives at 1-800-465-5463 or (416) 982-7686, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.