Credit Card Payment Deferral Request
Am I Eligible?
To request this option online, you must meet ALL the following criteria:
- You are the primary account holder for this credit card.
- Your credit card has been open for 4 months or more.
- You have not previously received a payment deferral for COVID-19 on this credit card.
- This is not a business credit card.
Things to consider
- If you are enrolled in balance protection insurance, you may be covered in the event of involuntary unemployment or job loss due to layoff or dismissal without cause. This coverage can pay a monthly benefit, based on your eligible outstanding balance, toward your TD Credit Card account. Please refer to your certificate of insurance for terms and conditions. To file a claim, please visit the Assurant website https://cardbenefits.assurant.com.
- If you choose to defer your payments, interest will continue to accrue on your outstanding balance as set out in your Cardholder Agreement and Disclosure Statement and will be payable once the deferral period is over. On month 4, when the deferral period is over, your minimum payment will continue as outlined in your Cardholder Agreement and Disclosure Statement. The 3 months of deferred interest will be added to your outstanding balance.
- This option is designed to provide temporary relief. If you cannot make your payment at the end of month 4, you should consider contacting TD Credit Cards at 1-800-983-84721-800-983-8472 and we can work together to find a solution to meet your needs.
- Communications regarding your request will be sent to the email you provide using regular email. We will send you the following emails:
- A confirmation email once you have submitted your request.
- An email updating you on the outcome of your request.
- Monthly email reminders for the duration of the deferral period if your request has been processed.