Benefits of Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs)
Lower cost of entry
ETFs: The basics
ETFs can be a simple way to get into the market, allowing you to invest in multiple companies, industries, or sectors you're interested in, and to diversify your portfolio. Watch the video to learn more about how ETFs can:
- Help build an asset allocation that matches one's investment strategy
- Be either actively or passively managed, and the difference between the two
- Be purchased from your direct investing brokerage
ETF investing strategies
An ETF can be either passive or active, or it can be a combination of both. Choose the ETFs that align with your investment strategy.
Passively managed ETFs
Actively managed ETFs
All-in-one ETF portfolios
ETF pricing: clear and simple
It's the service, support, and overall experience of investing with us that defines the value for you.
Standard: $9.99 flat rate to buy or sell
Active trader: $7.00 flat rate
What you get:
- Real-time market data and quotes for the Canadian and U.S. markets
- Exclusive research reports
- Education resources that are online and on-demand
Start investing in ETFs with TD Direct Investing
- Open an account
- Select the TD Direct Investing account you want to open online or book an appointment.
- Fund your account
- Transfer funds into your account with the online bill payment or funds transfer feature – or set up recurring deposits. Moving investments from another brokerage? Ask about how we could cover the transfer fees up to $1502.
- Start investing toward your goals
- Build your portfolio using ETFs, stocks, options, mutual funds, GICs and more.
Looking for a simple, easy way to invest?
It's easy to open a cash, margin, RSP, or TFSA account.
We're here for you. Monday to Friday, 7 am to 6 pm ET
Book an appointment
Let's chat, face-to-face at a TD location convenient to you.