Benefits of GICs
Available for purchase online
Who might consider investing in GICs?
GICs may be considered for an investment portfolio that includes market-sensitive investments. GICs can offer a degree of diversification and help balance against volatility.
- GICs provide a guaranteed return that can help protect an investment portfolio by remaining stable and steady
- While investment diversification is based on an investor's risk level, GICs can help to balance an investment portfolio
Types of GICs
Non-Cashable GICs – the traditional type
Cashable GICs – safety with flexibility
- TD 1 - Year Cashable GIC
- TD 1 - Year US Dollar Cashable GIC
- TD 3 - Year Premium Rate Cashable GIC
Market Growth GICs – security with potential upside
Start investing in GICs with TD Direct Investing
- Open an account
- Select the TD Direct Investing account you want to open online or book an appointment.
- Fund your account
- Transfer funds into your account with the online bill payment or funds transfer feature – or set up recurring deposits.
- Start investing toward your goals
- Build your portfolio using ETFs, stocks, options, mutual funds, GICs, and more.
It's easy to open a cash, margin, RSP, or TFSA account.
We're here for you. Monday to Friday, 7 am to 6 pm ET
Book an appointment
Let's chat, face-to-face at a TD location convenient to you.