Legendary customer service is at the heart of TD’s business strategy and a central part of our brand promise to customers. We are making significant investments to enhance the customer experience, to ensure we’re there for our customers when, where and how they need us. We continue to build customer-centricity across the organization:
- Through regular research and monitoring of customer interactions with TD, we seek feedback through multiple channels to understand customer needs and then use these insights to drive performance improvements.
- We look for opportunities to make banking simple, fast and easy for our customers and strive to create a seamless experience whether customers are visiting a branch or using a tablet, phone, computer or wearable device.
- We aim to provide personalized, proactive and timely resolutions when customers contact us with a problem or a question.
- To meet the evolving needs of today’s digital consumers we are harnessing digital technology and partnerships to create innovative seamless solutions that go beyond traditional banking.
For this year’s #TDThanksYou customer appreciation campaign - an initiative first launched in 2014 - we created the “TD Thank Account”. We surprised millions of customers across North America - in branches and over the phone - with personalized messages of thanks, and gave away meaningful gifts as well.
Visit this link to watch #TDThanksYou content
DIGITAL INNOVATION AND LEADERSHIP
We are focused on leading the way in the digital age and in recent years have introduced innovations that offer best-in-class digital customer service. TD is ranked among the world's leading online financial services firms, with more than 11.5 million active digital customers. In Canada, TD is the leader in mobile banking with the highest number of unique mobile visitors accessing financial services.
Digital Enhancements in 2017
The year 2017 focused on accelerating digital innovation in order to continue to elevate the customer experience:
- We established our own Innovation Centre of Excellence, which has a North American mandate and close to 100 digital design experts focused on creating impactful and meaningful customer-centric experiences.
- All our Canadian branches now have WiFi and iPads, and we doubled our network capacity- improving customer response times by more than 50%.
- We signed an exclusive, national agreement with the Canadian Real Estate Association-delivering live real estate listings that match a customer's budget and desired neighbourhood using our digital TD Mortgage Affordability Calculator. Designed to help portray the costs of home ownership, the calculator illustrates affordability in customer terms-identifying how much home they may be able to afford and showing them actual homes for sale on realtor.ca.
- In the U.S., we launched TD Voiceprint, which allows customers to authenticate their identity by the sound of their voice. Since October 2016, 1.28 million customers have enrolled in the service and it has been used over 4 million times.