Legendary customer service is at the heart of TD’s business strategy and a central part of our brand promise to customers. We are making significant investments to enhance the customer experience, to ensure we’re there for our customers when, where and how they need us. We continue to build customer-centricity across the organization:
- Through regular research and monitoring of customer interactions with TD, we seek feedback through multiple channels to understand customer needs and then use these insights to drive performance improvements.
- We look for opportunities to make banking simple, fast and easy for our customers and strive to create a seamless experience whether customers are visiting a branch or using a tablet, phone, computer or wearable device.
- We aim to provide personalized, proactive and timely resolutions when customers contact us with a problem or a question.
- To meet the evolving needs of today’s digital consumers we are harnessing digital technology and partnerships to create innovative seamless solutions that go beyond traditional banking.
SIDEBAR FEATURE: #TDThanksYou
For this year’s #TDThanksYou customer appreciation campaign - an initiative first launched in 2014 - we created the “TD Thank Account”. We surprised millions of customers across North America - in branches and over the phone - with personalized messages of thanks, and gave away meaningful gifts as well.
Visit this link to watch #TDThanksYou content
DIGITAL INNOVATION AND LEADERSHIP
We are focused on leading the way in the digital age and in recent years have introduced innovations that offer best-in-class digital customer service. TD is ranked among the world's leading online financial services firms, with approximately 11 million active digital customers. In Canada, TD is the leader in mobile banking with the highest number of unique mobile visitors accessing financial services.
Digital Enhancements in 2016
The year 2016 marked new digital milestones for TD, as we continued to collaborate and innovate to elevate the customer experience:
- TD was the first bank in the world to pioneer customer service through Facebook Messenger. Once on Messenger, customers can connect directly with our TD live agents for general product and account questions.
- We launched TD MySpend, which enables customers to easily track their spending habits in real time.
- We unveiled the TD for Me mobile service. Another first in Canadian banking, TD for Me enhances our popular TD app with a “digital concierge” feature that provides customers with personalized content, such as special nearby offers, helpful tips and details on local events.
- We launched Apple Pay, giving customers more convenience and the choice to use their iPhone, iPad or Apple Watch to make purchases both in-store and within apps. 1
- In our branches, we rolled out iPads for employees to use with their customers. We also created the Digital Advice Lounge, an internal resource centre that provides our branch staff with everything they need to know about having digital advice conversations with our customers.
1Apple, the Apple logo, Apple Watch, iPhone, iPad, Apple Pay and Touch ID are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.