TD Emerald Flex Rate Visa Card
Great value with a low interest rate.
- Annual Fee $25
4.50% to 12.75%
- Interest: Cash Advances
Eligibility Requirements:You are a Canadian resident and are of the age of majority in your province/territory of residence.
New to Canada? TD offers banking products for newcomers.
At a Glance
- Save on interest at a preferred low variable annual interest rate
- Enjoy the same low interest rates on all your Purchases and Cash Advance transactions
- Option to purchase Travel Medical Insurance3 and Trip Cancellation and Trip Interruption Insurance4
- Enjoy all of the benefits of your TD Emerald Flex Rate Visa* Card using Apple Pay. It's an easy and secure way to pay.5
- Visa Zero Liability: Shop online and in person securely with Visa Zero Liability and be protected in the event that unauthorized transactions are made on your Card. See your Cardholder Agreement for complete information on unauthorized transactions and your responsibilities including your responsibility to protect your PIN.
- Chip & PIN technology: TD Visa* Cards with Chip and PIN technology provide an added level of security through the use of a Personal Identification Number (PIN).
- Visa payWave* Technology is the secure, convenient, “contactless” way to pay for small-dollar purchases at participating retailers. It’s faster and more convenient than cash.
- Verified by Visa* provides you with increased security and convenience when you shop online.
- Instant Alerts. Added convenience, with TD Fraud Alerts:
You can now automatically receive TD Fraud Alerts to your mobile phone any time we suspect suspicious activity on your TD Emerald Flex Rate Visa* Card, or on any Additional Cardholder's Card on your Account. Simply ensure that we have your current mobile phone number listed in your TD Customer Profile Learn more.
- Purchase Security and Extended Warranty Protection11: You automatically have access to Purchase Security and Extended Warranty Protection, which includes coverage for eligible items you've purchased with your Card, should they be stolen or damaged within 90 days of purchase.
- Manage your credit card in the TD app
Instantly lock your credit card and block international purchases in the TD app. Learn more.
Find out more about our credit cards in Canada
Get started with my credit card
Use my credit card features
How to Apply
Complete an online application and receive an instant response
Our banking specialists are ready to answer any questions you may have
Book an appointment
Meet with a banking specialist in person at the branch closest to you
Locate a branch
Speak with a banking specialist at the branch closest to you
Your province is set to
Annual interest rates, fees and features are current as of March 30, 2020 unless otherwise indicated and subject to change.
1As of March 30, 2020, TD Prime was 2.45% so preferred rates range from 6.95% to 15.20%. Preferred variable annual interest rate is TD Prime + one of the following six fixed rate tiers: 4.50%; 6.25%; 8.75%; 10.25%; 11.75%; 12.75%, depending on your credit assessment. Visit https://www.tdcanadatrust.com/customer-service/todays-rates/td-prime/prime-rate.jsp for current TD Prime. Standard Rate of 24.99% on Purchases or 27.99% on Cash Advances applies if Minimum Payment is not received before or on the payment due date and before we prepare your next monthly statement twice within any 12 consecutive statement periods.
2Primary Cardholder remains liable for all charges to the Account, including those made by any Additional Cardholder. Maximum of 3 Additional Cardholders on the Account.
3All TD Canada Trust customers including TD Credit Cardholders are eligible to apply for optional Travel Medical Insurance underwritten by TD Life Insurance Company. Some applications are subject to underwriting. Medical and claims assistance, claims payment and administrative services are provided by our Administrator. Benefits, features and coverages are subject to conditions, limitations and exclusions, including a pre-existing condition exclusion, that are fully described in the Certificate of Insurance which is issued if accepted for enrollment. Travel Medical Insurance can be purchased by calling
4All TD Canada Trust customers including TD Credit Cardholders are eligible to apply for optional Trip Cancellation and Trip Interruption Insurance, underwritten by TD Life Insurance Company (medical covered causes) and TD Home and Auto Insurance Company (non-medical covered causes). Claims assistance, claims payment and administrative services are provided by our Administrator. Benefits, features and coverages are subject to conditions, limitations and exclusions, including a pre-existing condition exclusion, that are fully described in the Certificate of Insurance. Trip Cancellation and Trip Interruption Insurance can be purchased by calling 1-800-293-4941 or by visiting www.tdcanadatrust.com. Note that this optional insurance offers different benefits, on different terms and conditions, then the Trip Cancellation/Trip Interruption Insurance that is automatically included with other TD Credit Cards.
5Apple Pay works with iPhone 6 and later in stores, apps, and websites in Safari; with Apple Watch in stores and apps; with iPad Pro, iPad Air 2, and iPad mini 3 and later in apps and websites; and with Mac in Safari with an Apple Pay enabled iPhone 6 or later or Apple Watch. For a list of compatible Apple Pay devices, see https://support.apple.com/km207105
6Provided by Avis Rent A Car System ULC. Minimum discount offer subject to discount code and to terms and conditions which may change without notice. Blackout dates may apply. Base rate refers to time and kilometre/miles charges only and other charges, including taxes, may apply. The Toronto-Dominion Bank is not responsible for any vehicles, services, discounts or other offers made available by Avis Rent A Car System ULC.
7Provided by Budget Rent A Car System, Inc. Minimum discount offer subject to discount code and to terms and conditions which may change without notice. Blackout dates may apply. Base rate is based on time and kilometre/miles charged only. The Toronto-Dominion Bank is not responsible for any vehicles, services, discounts or other offers made available by Budget Rent A Car System, Inc.
8TD Auto Club provided by AXA Assistance Canada Inc., an independent third-party service provider. The Toronto-Dominion Bank and its affiliates accept no responsibility in respect of these services.
9Cash Advance is subject to available credit. Fees apply to each Cash Advance and Cash Advances accrue interest at the Cash Advance rate that applies to your Account from the date the Cash Advance is made.
10The Visa Checkout service is made available through Visa. The Toronto-Dominion Bank and its affiliates are not responsible for the service including any offers made available to you through the service.
11Underwritten by TD Home and Auto Insurance Company. To be eligible for this coverage, the item must be paid for in full using your TD Credit Card. Benefits, features and coverages are subject to conditions, limitations and exclusions that are fully described in the Certificate of Insurance included with your TD Credit Cardholder Agreement.
All trade-marks are the property of their respective owners. ® The TD logo and other trade-marks are the property of The Toronto-Dominion Bank.