You are now leaving our website and entering a third-party website over which we have no control.
Benefits of using Samsung Pay with your TD Card
Step 1: Open Samsung Wallet
Open Samsung Wallet or swipe up at the bottom of your Galaxy device, and select the TD Card you want to pay with. Verify with your fingerprint, iris scan or PIN
Step 2: Hold your device to the sales terminal
Tap or hold your phone over the merchant’s card reader for a few seconds and an eligible payment will be confirmed on the terminal.
Step 1: On your Galaxy Watch, go to Samsung Pay
Step 2: Follow the on-screen instructions to set up your Samsung Pay PIN
Step 3: Once prompted, continue following the instructions on your Galaxy smartphone to add your eligible TD Card(s)
Note that TD Access Cards cannot be added to Galaxy Watches.
To make purchases with Samsung Pay on your Galaxy Watch, just hold down the back button to open Samsung Pay and scan your watch on the merchant’s card reader.
Samsung Galaxy Smartphones
- Navigate to and open Samsung Wallet on your Galaxy smartphone.
- Open the Menu and then tap the Settings icon on the top left.
- Enter your PIN, iris scan or use your fingerprint to confirm your identity for Samsung Pay if prompted.
- Tap ‘Quick access and default card’ and then tap ‘Set default card’.
- Tap the switch at the top to turn the feature on and display your registered cards.
- Select your TD Card to set as your default payment card. When you are done, simply tap the Back arrow.
Samsung Galaxy Watch
- On your watch, go to Samsung Pay and follow the instructions, which will include setting up your Samsung Pay PIN.
- Follow the instructions on your Samsung Galaxy smartphone to add your TD Credit Card(s) to your watch.
Note: Samsung Galaxy Watches do not support TD Access Cards. All eligible additional cardholders can add their cards to Samsung Pay.
If you are experiencing issues with registering your TD Card on Samsung Pay, here are some steps you can follow:
- Check your TD Card to make sure you have entered your card details correctly
- Check the eligibility of your TD Card with Samsung Pay
- Check that your device is compatible with Samsung Pay
- Update your device to the latest version of Android
- Make sure you are in a supported country or region
If you have further questions, contact TD Customer Service at 1-888-292-6288.
Lost or stolen TD Access Card
Feel more confident if you misplace your TD Access Card. As an added layer of security, you can easily lock and unlock your TD Access Card through the TD App while you look for it. Learn more.
Please call 1-866-222-3456 as soon as you discover your Access Card is lost or stolen to deactivate your card from use. TD can issue a new Access Card that you can add to Samsung Pay after it has been activated.
Lost or stolen TD Credit Card
If you think you've misplaced your TD Credit Card, lock it in the TD app and unlock when you've found it. Learn more.
Please call TD's Credit Card Contact Centre at 1-800-983-8472 as soon as you discover your credit card is lost or stolen to deactivate your card from use. TD can issue a new credit card that you can add to Samsung Pay after it has been activated.
Lost or stolen Samsung device
You must call the TD Contact Centre at 1-888-292-6288 to deactivate your TD Cards on Samsung Pay.
Expiring TD Access Card
All your personal TD Access Cards will remain active and available for purchases using Samsung Pay until the date of expiry on your plastic cards. When you receive your new replacement Access Card, activate it at an ATM or by making an in-store purchase with your PIN to avoid any interruption. Once activated, you can add it to Samsung Pay.
Expiring TD Credit Card
Your personal and business TD Credit Cards will remain active and available for purchases using Samsung Pay until the date of expiry on your plastic cards. You will be mailed a new card and your new card must be activated in order to use your card. Once activated, your new card is ready to use on Samsung Pay automatically.
To see a full list of Samsung Galaxy devices and watches that are compatible with Samsung Pay, visit the Samsung Pay Page.
Note: Only personal TD Access Cards (not Business TD Access Cards) can be added to Samsung Pay.
There are several reasons why a TD Card may be declined with Samsung Pay:
- Insufficient funds or there is limit on the transaction
- The TD Card details may not have been entered correctly
- The TD Card may not be eligible for Samsung Pay
- There may be a problem with Samsung Pay or your device which is preventing transactions from going through. Ensure your device is updated to the latest version of Android
- You are not in a supported country or region
- The merchant terminal does not support contactless payments
If you have any further questions, contact TD Customer Service at 1-888-292-6288.