You are now leaving our website and entering a third-party website over which we have no control.
Contactless and Chip & PIN Payment
TD Fraud Alerts
Manage My Card
Auto Club Membership is provided by AXA Assistance Canada Inc., an independent third party service provider. The Toronto-Dominion Bank and its affiliates accept no responsibility or liability in respect of these services.
How to use Chip & PIN
- Chip & PIN technology is already in use worldwide and has been proven to help reduce fraud.
- If you are making a purchase at a store without a chip-enabled terminal, you can still make purchases with your TD Credit Card using the magnetic strip. So if you are in a store that doesn't have a chip terminal, you can make transactions by signing a receipt.
- Your TD Credit Card will also work outside Canada. You will be asked to sign a receipt in countries that do not have chip-enabled terminals. In countries with chip-enabled terminals, you will be asked to key in your PIN.
- Only you should know your PIN. If a merchant asks you for your PIN do not provide it to them.
- Additional Cardholders will receive their own TD Credit Card number with Chip & PIN technology and they will have their own unique PINs. Statements will show transactions broken out by which Card performed the transaction.
- For TD Credit Cards excluding US Dollar Cards, your PIN can be reset at any TD Canada Trust Green Machine (ATM) or TD Canada Trust Branch, or call us at 1-800-983-8472 to have a new PIN mailed to you.
- TD U.S. Dollar Visa* Cardholders only: Your PIN can only be changed/reset by calling our automated phone line (IVR) at 1-800-983-8472. You cannot change/reset your PIN at a TD Canada Trust Branch or TD Canada Trust Green Machine (ATM).
TD Fraud Alerts for Credit Cards provide peace of mind for your Account
If we have your current mobile phone number on file, you’ll now receive instant text messages notifying you if we detect suspicious activity on your personal or business TD Credit Card, or on any Additional Cardholder's card on your Account.
If you respond to the text with an N, your TD Credit Card will remain blocked and you will need to call us so that we can investigate the transaction and file a fraud report. If you respond to the text with a Y, we'll unblock your Card immediately, so you can continue to use it.
Receive TD Fraud Alerts anytime, anywhere to your mobile phone alerting you about suspicious activity.
- Be in control.
If you receive a TD Fraud Alert, you can reply immediately by text message to confirm if you recognize the transaction and avoid the inconvenience of an unnecessarily blocked Card.
If we do not receive a response to the TD Fraud Alert your card will remain blocked and we will attempt to contact you by phone. You can respond to either the text message or the voice call.
Your Card or an Additional Cardholder's card is unblocked or blocked instantly.
Simply reply “Stop” to the TD Fraud Alerts you receive. Note: To opt out of TD Fraud Alerts for your personal or business TD Credit Card Account, you must do so separately from any other TD products and services that also receive these alerts. Additional Cardholders on the Account cannot opt out of this service.
Set transaction limits, block international purchases or lock your credit card.
Feel more confident if you misplace your credit card by locking your card in the TD app.
When locked, pre-authorized payments and ATM transactions will still go through, credit card payments will still be accepted, and you can make transfers.
If you think your card has been lost or stolen, lock it and call 1-800-983-8472 right away for a replacement. If you find your card, it’s just as easy to unlock it.
Not travelling? You can block international in-person purchases directly from the TD app.
When your credit card is blocked, in-person purchases outside of Canada like hotels and restaurants will be declined. Online and recurring payments will still be processed.
When you decide to travel, simply unblock your card to use it on your trip.
Now it's easier for you to give your partner, child or caregiver the ability to make day-to-day payments while you stay in control.
As the primary cardholder you can set transaction limits for each cardholder on your account, including yourself. While Additional Cardholders can't set transaction limits on their cards, they can view the limits set by you.
Transaction limits can be instantly enabled or disabled via the TD app. While you can set limits for in-person, online and digital wallet payments, you cannot set limits for pre-authorized payments, ATM transactions, transfers, bill payments, returns and reward redemptions.