You are now leaving our website and entering a third-party website over which we have no control.
Discover what your TD Card can do with Google PayTM
- Step 1: On your Android smartwatch, open the Google Wallet app and tap ’Get Started’
- Step 2: Set up screen lock if you haven’t already
- Step 3: On your phone, follow the onscreen instructions to add your eligible TD Credit Card or TD Access Card. Note that this only adds your card to the Google Wallet app on your watch, not your phone
Note: Google Pay on your Fitbit smartwatch is not supported at this time
If only one payment card is added in the Google Wallet app, it will automatically become your default card. If you have multiple payment cards, you can choose which card to use as a default card.
To add your eligible TD Card as your default card:
- Open the Google Wallet app on your Android device
- Tap and choose the eligible TD Card you want to use as your default card
- Tap ’Set as default card’
If you are experiencing issues with adding your TD Card to Google Wallet, here are some steps you can follow:
- Check your TD Card to make sure you have entered your card details correctly
- Check the eligibility of your TD Card with Google Pay
- Check that your device is compatible with Google Pay
- Update your device to the latest version of Android
- Make sure you are in a supported country or region
If you have further questions, contact TD Customer Service at 1-888-292-6288.
Lost or stolen TD Access Card
Feel more confident if you misplace your TD Access Card. As an added layer of security, you can easily lock and unlock your TD Access Card through the TD App while you look for it. Learn more.
Please call 1-866-222-3456 as soon as you discover your TD Access Card is lost or stolen to deactivate your card from use. TD can issue a new TD Access Card that you can add to Google Pay after it has been activated.
Lost or stolen Credit Card
If you think you’ve misplaced your TD Credit Card, lock it in the TD app and unlock when you’ve found it. Learn more.
Please call TD’s Credit Card Contact Centre at 1-800-983-8472 as soon as you discover your credit card is lost or stolen to deactivate your card from use. TD can issue a new credit card that you can add to Google Pay after it has been activated.
Lost or stolen Google Pay device
You must call the TD Contact Centre at 1-888-292-6288 to deactivate your TD Cards on Google Pay.
Expiring TD Access Card
All your personal TD Access Cards will remain active and available for purchases using Google Pay until the date of expiry on your plastic cards. When you receive your new replacement Access Card, activate it at an ATM or by making an in-store purchase with your PIN to avoid any interruption. Once activated, you can add it to Google Wallet.
Expiring TD Credit Card
Your personal and business TD Credit Cards will remain active and available for purchases using Google Pay until the date of expiry on your plastic cards. You will be mailed a new card and your new card must be activated in order to use your card. Once activated, your new card is ready to use in Google Wallet automatically.
Here’s what you need to use Google Pay:
- An Android phone with NFC (near field communication)
- A Google account
- An eligible TD Card
You can start using Google Pay as soon as you add your eligible TD Card(s) to Google Wallet.
There are several reasons why a TD Card may be declined with Google Pay:
- Insufficient funds or there is a limit on the transaction
- The TD Card details may not have been entered correctly
- The TD Card may not be eligible for Google Pay
- There may be a problem with Google Pay or your device which is preventing transactions from going through. Ensure your device is updated to the latest version of Android and you have cleared the cache on your device.
- You are not in a supported country or region
- The merchant terminal does not support contactless payments
- Check the Google Play help page for more support for fixing Google pay issues
If you have any further questions, please contact TD Customer Service at 1-888-292-6288.