In 2016, TD Bank Group received the following awards and recognition:
- Recognized by sustainability indices:
- Dow Jones Sustainability World Index
- Dow Jones Sustainability North American Index
- FTSE4Good Index
- Ethibel EXCELLENCE Investment Register
- Awarded best corporate sustainability report in the finance-bank sector by IFD-FSI
- Named one of the “Best 50 Corporate Citizens in Canada” for the sixth consecutive year by Corporate Knights
- Named one of the "Global 100 Most Sustainable Organizations" by Corporate Knights
- TD is the top scoring Canadian bank by CDP in 20161
- Named one of Canada’s Greenest Employers for the eighth consecutive year by Mediacorp Canada Inc.
- TD U.S. Blue Chip Equity Fund achieved a top Eco-Fund Rating in the Corporate Knights Eco-Fund Rankings
- For the 11th year in a row, TD was named one of the Best Workplaces in Canada by Great Place to Work Institute.
- TD was awarded the following by Mediacorp:
- One of Canada's Top 100 Employers for the ninth consecutive year
- Canada's Greenest Employers for the eight consecutive year
- Canada's Best Diversity Employers for the fifth consecutive year
- Named one of The Best Places to Work for LGBT Equality in the U.S. eight years in a row by Human Rights Campaign Foundation
- Named a Training Top 125 winner in the U.S. for the tenth consecutive year by Training magazine.
- Best of the Big Five Banks in Customer Service Excellence by Ipsos Reid (formerly Synovate)
- TD was named Best Bank in Canada by Euromoney Magazine (2016)
- TD was awarded the following recognition by IR Magazine Canada (2017):
- Best corporate governance
- Best in sector financials
- Named Safest Bank in North America and one of the World's 50 Safest Banks by Global Finance Magazine
- TD Canada Trust was awarded Most Trusted Brand™ by Reader's Digest
- Awarded Best Employee Campaign Award in the Major Banks Category by United Way Toronto for the third consecutive year
- Received the Gold Award in the Progressive Aboriginal Relations Certification program by the Canadian Council for Aboriginal Business
- Named one of the Top 50 Companies for Diversity in the U.S. for the 3rd year in a row by Diversity Inc.
- Rated among the Top 10 Companies for Diversity Councils by Diversity Inc.
- TD was named on the Top 30 Best of the Best list by the National Business Inclusion Consortium
1 Score: A- placing TD in the leadership category of performance. TD is the top scoring Canadian banks among the Big 5 banks: Bank of Montreal, Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce, Royal Bank of Canada and Bank of Nova Scotia. TD is within the 25% highest scoring companies (globally and across all sectors) and 26% specifically within the financial sector