In 2017, TD Bank Group received the following awards and recognition:
- Recognized by sustainability indices:
- Dow Jones Sustainability World Index
- TD achieved Silver Class in the RobecoSAM Yearbook, which reflects the top 5% of sustainability performers in banking
- Dow Jones Sustainability North American Index
- FTSE4Good Index
- TD named for best sustainability report in the Finance/Banking category by Finance Sustainability Initiative for 2017
- TD retained position as a top-scoring Canadian bank according to CDP since 20131
- Recognized as one of the 58 companies taking an industry-leading approach by CDP Supply Chain
- Named one of Canada’s Greenest Employers for the ninth consecutive year by Mediacorp Canada Inc.
- For the 12th year in a row, TD was named one of the Best Workplaces in Canada by Great Place to Work Institute
- Gold Winner: Canada's Best Employers 2017
- TD was recognized by Mediacorp for the following:
- One of Canada's Top 100 Employers for the tenth consecutive year
- One of Canada's Greenest Employers for the ninth consecutive year
- One of Canada's Best Diversity Employers for the sixth consecutive year
- One of Greater Toronto's Top Employers
- One of Canada's Top Employers for Young People in 2017
- Named one of The Best Places to Work for LGBT Equality in the U.S. nine years in a row by Human Rights Campaign
- In the Ipsos 2017 Best Banking Awards, TD Canada Trust ranked first among the Big 5 Canadian Retail Banks2 for "Customer Service Excellence"3
- TD mobile banking app ranked as the number one Canadian banking app by Silicon Valley based app analytics leader App Annie. The results measured Monthly Active Users, Downloads, Average Sessions per User, Open Rate and Average Review Score4
- Ranked "Highest in Customer Satisfaction with Small Business Banking in the South Region" by J.D.Power5
- TD was named Best Bank in Canada by Euromoney Magazine (2017)
- TD Bank was named one of Fortune's 40 Best Companies in Financial Services (2017)
- TD was awarded the following recognition by IR Magazine Canada (2017):
- Best corporate governance
- Best in sector financials
- Named Safest Bank in North America and one of the World's 50 Safest Banks by Global Finance Magazine
- TD Canada Trust won Most Trusted Brand™ Award for Bank/Trusted Company by Reader's Digest
- IR Magazine Global Top 50: The IR Magazine Global recognizes top performers in investor relations across the US, Canada, Europe, Greater China, South East Asia and Brazil. TD Bank Group was recognized for the fifth year in a row
- Since 2014, TD has been gold level certified through the Canadian Council for Aboriginal Business's Progressive Aboriginal Relations (PAR) accreditation program
- Named one of the Top 50 Companies for Diversity in the U.S. for the 5th year in a row by Diversity Inc.
- Named among the Top 12 Companies for People with Disabilities in the U.S. in 2017
- For the third year in a row TD achieved the top score of 100% on the Disability Equality Index (DEI), which rates U.S. companies on their disability inclusion policies and practices
- Included in the Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index, for the second year in a row
1 Score: A- placing TD in the leadership category of performance. TD is the top scoring Canadian banks among the Big 5 banks: Bank of Montreal, Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce, Royal Bank of Canada and Bank of Nova Scotia. TD is within the 25% highest scoring companies (globally and across all sectors) and 26% specifically within the financial sector
2 Big 5 Canadian Retail Banks include Bank of Montreal, Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce, Royal Bank of Canada, Scotiabank, and The Toronto–Dominion Bank.
3 Ipsos 2017 Best Banking Awards are based on ongoing quarterly Customer Service Index (CSI) survey results. Sample size for the total 2017 CSI program year ended with the August 2017 survey wave was 47,813 completed surveys yielding 68,744 financial institution ratings nationally. Leadership is defined as either a statistically significant lead over the other Big 5 Canadian Retail Banks (at a 95% confidence interval) or a statistically equal tie with one or more of the Big 5 Canadian Retail Banks.
4 TD ranked first according to 2017 App Annie report, which measured Monthly Active Users, Downloads, Average Sessions per User, Open Rate, and Average Review Score.
5 TD Bank received the highest numerical score among 11 banks in the South region in the J.D. Power 2017 U.S. Small Business Banking Satisfaction Study, based on 8,378 total responses, measuring the opinions of small business customers with annual revenues of $100,000-$10 million, surveyed June-August 2017. Your experiences may vary. Visit www.jdpower.com