Measuring employee engagement
Through our global engagement survey, employees provide feedback on more than 30 aspects of their current work experience. Three of these survey questions form the Employee Engagement Index (EEI) - a key performance metric that is monitored closely by senior management and the Board. People managers throughout the bank actively use these survey results to drive ongoing improvements in our workplace practices to ensure TD continues to deliver on our value proposition for employees.
Our 2016 results continue to reflect strong employee engagement, specifically:
- There was a high survey participation rate of 87%.
- 81% of our employees reported being engaged.
- TD employees consistently report that they are proud to work for TD, that they feel supported by their manager and that TD shows genuine commitment to both our customers and the communities in which we operate.
- TD continues to be recognized by external ratings organizations as a Great Place to Work and a Best Employer.
Making it comfortable to voice issues and concerns
We strive to foster a culture of open communication, providing employees a number of channels to comfortably raise their concerns directly within the organization.
- Our Employee Complaint Resolution Process helps to ensure that the employee has various channels to report their concern and that the matter is directed to the right people and is resolved quickly, objectively and without fear of reprisal.
- Our Employee Ombuds Office is an impartial, confidential and informal resource available for all employees to discuss work-related concerns and review possible options for resolution.
- TD’s Whistleblower Hotline provides a means by which employees and other stakeholders can anonymously report any concerns regarding ethical, legal or accounting matters without fear of repercussions. TD's Whistleblower Hotline is independently managed by a third-party.