Our commitment to financial education
Whether saving for school, sticking to a budget or planning for retirement, financial education can help give us all more confidence when it comes to our money goals. That’s why TD, a long-time supporter of financial education, is committed to helping people improve their money skills, no matter their level of financial know-how. In 2016 alone:
- We were able to reach and support 441,000 people like you through sponsored financial education programs
- We introduced a new suite of educational tools and resources created specifically for parents, teachers and youth
- We released a report uncovering that almost 40% of Canadians have experienced income volatility, showing an increased need for financial education programs. Learn more about the survey results
- TD Economics published a special research report, "Financial Literacy: Millennials are a wake-up call to build a strong foundation”
Why is financial education important?Financial decisions are becoming more complex. There are more choices available for saving, spending, borrowing and investing. Developing financial literacy skills can help you make those decisions with confidence. That’s why TD works with individuals, teachers and community groups to help raise financial literacy levels, with a focus on underserved communities. Our priority is education – through community outreach, consumer education, and the formation of the Financial Education Council.
“I’ve met so many people who’ve only discovered the importance of credit ratings and savings the hard way. Once I showed them how simple it was, the response I would always get was, ‘I wish I had learned this earlier’.”
– Lara Mahaffy, TD Financial Service Representative and “Your Money” volunteer, Vancouver, B.C.
Where TD volunteers teach money skills
Each year, thousands of TD volunteers spend their free time helping people understand how to manage money wisely. Not just in branches, but in the communities where we live and work. Find out more about these programs and organizations. Learn more.
TD Financial Education Resources
Learn more about TD's commitment to financial education in our 2015 Corporate Responsibility Report. Access online report.
Additional resources supported by TD
In order to raise awareness of the importance of financial literacy and provide our customers with the information and resources they need to better manage their personal financial lives, TD supports a number of community initiatives and provides a range of helpful tools.