You are now leaving our website and entering a third-party website over which we have no control.
Funding Your Account
Transfer Your Account
Automated Investment tools
Monthly Contributions Plans (MCP) and Pre-Authorized Deposits (PAD)
Slow and steady wins the race. Setting up recurring cash deposits as a MCP to a registered account, or as a PAD to a margin or cash account may help you reach your financial goals. Set the frequency (weekly, bi-weekly, semi-monthly, monthly) and amount (minimum of $100 a month) that you want.
1. To set up a MCP/ PAD transfer from your TD Canada Trust account to your TD Direct Investing account:
Fill out the Secure Online Form
Need help locating your TD Transit number? Click here
Call us at 1-800-465-5463
Visit a TD Canada Trust branch or DI Investor Centre
2. To set up a MCP/PAD transfer from any Other Financial Institution:
Visit a TD Canada Trust branch. A void cheque is required to process the request.
Did you know?
If you deposit a minimum of $100/month into any of your TD Direct Investing accounts, you will be exempt from the quarterly maintenance fees for all accounts in your household. However, there are a number of ways to have your maintenance fee waived through our Household Program.
- Have Canadian currency in your bank account and want to trade in U.S. dollars (or vice versa)? Transfer or exchange your money in a few simple steps. You'll get a real-time exchange rate before you confirm your request.
- Some registered account types, such as RRSPs or RIFs, have restrictions on contributing or withdrawing money. Please ensure you understand the rules. Visit the CRA site for restrictions.
We'll reimburse you up to $150 for any transfer fees applied by another brokerage. Read more.
We'll do everything we can to transfer your account quickly. If you want to start trading immediately, make a cash deposit.
- Set up a DRIP for individual securities.
- Set up a blanket DRIP for your entire account. When you buy a new eligible security, it's automatically registered.
- Available in all account types, including registered.
- Set up your SIP using cash from your TD Direct Investing account or from an account at any Canadian financial institution.
Create a bi-monthly payday.
Income is 'swept' from your non-registered account, housed temporarily in an Income Generation Account (IGA), then transferred to the bank account of your choice on the 5th and the 20th day of each month.