You are now leaving our website and entering a third-party website over which we have no control.
Managing Your Money
Streamlined money transfers, automated recurring investments and withdrawals. Quick currency exchange. We'll give you the tools to help you manage your money movement.
If you deposit a minimum of $100 a month, you may be exempt from quarterly maintenance fees.
Funding Your Account
Transfer Your Account
Automated Investment tools
Monthly Contributions Plans (MCP) and Pre-Authorized Deposits (PAD)
Slow and steady wins the race. Setting up recurring cash deposits as a MCP to a registered account, or as a PAD to a margin or cash account may help you reach your financial goals. Set the frequency (weekly, bi-weekly, semi-monthly, monthly) and amount (minimum of $100 a month) that you want.
1. To set up a MCP/ PAD transfer from your TD Canada Trust account to your TD Direct Investing account:
Fill out the Secure Online Form
Need help locating your TD Transit number? Click here
Call us at 1-800-465-5463
Visit a TD Canada Trust branch or DI Investor Centre
2. To set up a MCP/PAD transfer from any Other Financial Institution:
Visit a TD Canada Trust branch. A void cheque is required to process the request.
Did you know?
If you deposit a minimum of $100/month into any of your TD Direct Investing accounts, you will be exempt from the quarterly maintenance fees for all accounts in your household. However, there are a number of ways to have your maintenance fee waived through our Household Program.
TD Canada Trust clients can use EasyWeb or the TD app to make fast and easy transfers to a TD Direct Investing account.
Instantly Transfer Money from Another Bank1
Transfer up to your daily limit from your account(s) at other banks to your TD Direct Investing cash or margin account using Interac e-Transfer®.
- In the Transfers section of WebBroker, select the "From Outside TD" tab
- Select the account you wish to transfer to, the amount and your email – then hit "Continue"
- Select the bank you wish to collect the funds from and hit "Accept Request".
- Once you've signed into your other account and completed the transaction, the funds will be transferred to your TD Direct Investing account and you're ready to get started!
Move your money from your TD Canada Trust account or any financial institution with the funds transfer or online bill payment feature.
Login to WebBroker to transfer money from your TD Canada Trust bank account to a TD Direct Investing account.
- Have Canadian currency in your bank account and want to trade in U.S. dollars (or vice versa)? Transfer or exchange your money in a few simple steps. You'll get a real-time exchange rate before you confirm your request.
- Some registered account types, such as RRSPs or RIFs, have restrictions on contributing or withdrawing money. Please ensure you understand the rules. Visit the CRA site for restrictions.
Transfer money from your personal bank account to your TD Direct Investing account at any TD Canada Trust branch in Canada or TD Bank branch in the USA.
Subscribe to EasyLine Telephone Banking services and you can move money from a personal TD Canada Trust account into your TD Direct Investing account by phone. You can even post-date transfers.
Transferring from another brokerage
Open a TD Direct Investing account and set up a transfer in cash or in kind (keep your existing holdings), or a mix of the two.
We'll reimburse you up to $150 for any transfer fees applied by another brokerage. Read more.
We'll do everything we can to transfer your account quickly. If you want to start trading immediately, make a cash deposit.
Purchase additional shares or mutual fund units automatically and commission-free using the cash dividends earned on eligible securities.
- Set up a DRIP for individual securities.
- Set up a blanket DRIP for your entire account. When you buy a new eligible security, it's automatically registered.
- Mutual Funds are set to automatically DRIP when you purchase them. If you prefer to receive dividends in cash, you can select that option in the order entry window.
- To set up a DRIP in your TD Direct Investing account, contact an Investment Representative at 1-800-465-5463 or (416) 982-7686.
Purchase mutual fund units from many fund companies in Canada
- Available in all account types, including registered.
- Set up your SIP using cash from your TD Direct Investing account or from an account at any Canadian financial institution.
- Invest a minimum of $100/month and you qualify to have your maintenance fees waived.
- To set up a SIP in your TD Direct Investing account, contact an Investment Representative at 1-800-465-5463 or (416) 982-7686.
Manage your money automatically. Our systematic mutual fund withdrawal service lets you redeem a pre-arranged amount of your mutual fund holdings.
- Minimum of $50.
- Plan for a regular monthly supplement to your cash flow.
- Meet minimum RIF withdrawal requirements.
- To set up a SWIP in your TD Direct Investing account, contact an Investment Representative at 1-800-465-5463 or (416) 982-7686.
This free service lets you transfer interest and dividend income automatically from a non-registered account to an account at any financial institution.
Create a bi-monthly payday.
Income is 'swept' from your non-registered account, housed temporarily in an Income Generation Account (IGA), then transferred to the bank account of your choice on the 5th and the 20th day of each month.
To set up an Investment Income Sweep in your TD Direct Investing account, contact an Investment Representative at 1-800-465-5463 or (416) 982-7686.