You are now leaving our website and entering a third-party website over which we have no control.
Let's work together
Define your goals and determine a plan to help you get there
Align investing strategies to your unique circumstances
Minimize taxes and retain more of your hard-earned money
- Retirement planning: Determine your sources of retirement income, how much you'll need, and how to stay on track living the retirement you imagine.
- Investment management: Customized short- and long-term portfolio strategies to build and preserve your wealth.
- Banking and credit solutions: Get preferred rates, versatile deposit solutions, and access to flexible, non-traditional credit solutions like demand loans, exclusive to Private Banking clients.
- Education planning: Grow your education savings with information on government grants and tax-deferred growth. Start by opening a Registered Education Savings Plan (RESP).
Have maximized your income and savings by minimizing taxes
Are taking advantage of tax credits and deductions available to you
Have structured your investment portfolio for saving, accumulation, retirement, and minimizing taxes on investment growth
- Family tax planning: Discover strategies to minimize your family's overall tax on investment income like income-splitting.
- Retirement income planning: Analyze all sources of income including government (CPP, OAS), pension plans, RRSPs, TFSAs and more.
- Tax-efficient investing: Assess the various types of investment income generated, and the types of accounts required for your investments.
- Managing taxes at death: Put the appropriate plans in place to maximize what you will leave to your beneficiaries when the time comes.
Develop a plan for efficient borrowing should a liquidity need arise
Consider how your family will benefit from having a will and ensure there are plans in place for children, disabled dependents, or elderly parents
Prepare a Power of Attorney in the event you're unable to make your own financial or health care decisions
Use available resources to ensure business succession planning is in place
- Protect your ability to earn income: Establish the necessary disability insurance coverage to replace income if required.
- Maximize the transfer of wealth to your beneficiaries: Fund tax liabilities with life insurance to maximize the bequest for your loved ones and causes important to you.
- Protect your business: Protect the continuity of your business through active succession planning.
- Powers of Attorney: Name a trustworthy person/financial institution to make decisions on your behalf should you be unable to do so.
Put a Power of Attorney in place for both property and personal care. Consider working with TD Care Connect services to provide the right support for financial and personal care
Understand the importance of will and estate planning, including having an up-to-date will with named executor and trustee or guardian
Establish a comprehensive business succession plan
- Will and estate planning: To ensure your wealth is transferred tax-efficiently and in accordance with your wishes.
- Executor and trustee services: Transfer the responsibility of managing an estate to a corporate executor and consider the use of a trust to manage your legacy.
Services to help you achieve your financial goals
Your goals are our priority so when you work with a TD Wealth advisor, you have access to experienced professionals across all our products and services. Whether you need answers about financial planning, wealth strategies, private banking solutions or estate planning advice, we're here to help.
Get in touch with us