Voice Print System
TD Direct Investing’s voice verification system is a secure and convenient way to confirm the identity of clients who call us. When clients call us and use Voice Print System, instead of being asked questions for verification by a representative, their voices act as their means of instant access.
Leading-edge biometric technology
Our Voice Print System uses leading-edge biometric voice verification technology. Biometrics is the use of a person's unique physical characteristics or traits to identify them. Some biometrics use finger printing, iris scanning and even facial features. The Voice Print System uses biometrics to assign a mathematical model to a person's voice – in essence, a "print" of their voice.
Why did we introduce this service?
The Voice Print System makes investing more comfortable for clients. It also allows us to provide more efficient, secure service. The benefits include:
- Enhanced convenience and speed
- For clients, it is easier and quicker than ever to access and manage their accounts by telephone.
- The Voice Print System streamlines the verification process by reducing the amount of time needed to validate a client's identity and allowing more time for Investment Representatives to focus on inquiries and requests.
- Enhanced client security
- Clients can still transact anytime, anywhere and have the peace of mind that comes from knowing their personal information and assets are safe and secure.
- Our Voice Print System uses state-of-the-art biometric technology to protect clients' personal information. Each client's unique voice becomes his/her personal password to access his/her information.
What do clients need to do?
Clients who wish to use the Voice Print System need to enroll. A simple process is followed to register their voice print and link it to their account. When the client calls back, the Voice Print System compares the real-time voice with the stored mathematical model generated at enrollment. If there is a match, the caller has been authenticated.
How do we protect client privacy with the system?
No matter what system, service or product we offer our clients, ensuring their privacy is always a fundamental priority for TD Bank Financial Group. Here's how we are protecting client privacy with the Voice Print System:
- Voice prints are used only to confirm the identity of clients when they call, in accordance with our existing privacy policies.
- Voice prints will not be sold, shared or used for any other purpose other than for client verification.
- When clients enroll with the Voice Print System, their voices are transformed into a mathematical series of data that cannot be re-engineered or re-created into a voice print.
- System security is further enhanced with the use of a secret date password in addition to the voice print.
- If a client chooses to close his/her account for any reason the client's voice prints associated with the account will either be de-activated or deleted.
- The servers that store the mathematical models representing the client's voice print follow all TD Bank Financial Group security policies.