We are honoured to be recognized for the dedicated efforts of our employees. Here are some highlights of awards won in 2009:
- TD Canada Trust received its fifth consecutive Synovate Best Banking award for Customer Service Excellence among the Big Five Retail Banks.
- The Service Quality Measurement Group (SQM) recognized TD Canada Trust’s call centres with the SQM Call Centre Industry Award for the Highest IVR Customer Satisfaction Self Serve and Highest Customer Satisfaction by Industry - Banking in the North American’ banking industry.
- Surviscor, which analyzes and ranks Canadian online services, named TD Waterhouse #1 in online discount brokerage services for Website Transactions, Online Resources, Website Design, and Market Intelligence.
Governance, Leadership and Shareholder Relations
- Euromoney magazine named TD Best Bank in North America.
- TD Bank was ranked one of the most trusted brands in the financial services industry by Interbrand.
- For the third consecutive year, TD was one of only 42 companies, among 4,162 rated by Governance Metrics International, to receive the highest rating of 10.
- Canadian Business magazine named Colleen Johnston, Group Head Finance and Chief Financial Officer, “Best CFO” in its annual All Star Awards.
- IR magazine named TD Canadian leader in investor relations. TDBFG won in three separate categories: “Best Investor Relations in the Financial Services Sector,” “Best Retail Investor Communications” and “Best Investor Relations by a CEO.”
- Reader’s Digest named TDCT the most trusted brand for 2009.
- For the fourth year in a row, Bernie Dorval, Group Head Insurance and Global Development TDBFG, and Deputy Chair of TD Canada Trust, was named one of the top 25 business leaders in Quebec by Finance et Investissement.
- TD was named one of Jantzi-Maclean's 50 Most Socially Responsible Corporations.
- Brand Finance, a leading global brand valuation consultancy, named TDBFG one of Canada’s Most Valuable Brands.
- The Financial Planners Standards Council awarded Patricia Lovett-Reid, SVP TD Waterhouse, the Donald J. Johnston award for Outstanding Contribution to the Profession of Financial Planning in Canada.
- Global Finance magazine ranked TDBFG one of the World’s Safest Banks.
- Chris Montague, Executive Vice President, General Counsel, won the Canadian General Counsel’s Business Achievement Award.
- Bloomberg Markets magazine ranked TD Bank Financial Group #1 on its Top 20 Banking Strength Monitor, an index measuring banks across eight key financial metrics including capital ratios, loan reserves and asset quality.
- TD Mutual Funds received Lipper Fund awards for both the TD Latin American Growth Fund and the TD Japanese Index 1, top funds in Canada in their respective categories. The Lipper Fund’s awards program honours funds that have excelled in delivering consistently strong risk-adjusted performance, relative to peers.
- Millward Brown Optimor named TDBFG to its BrandZ Top 100, a ranking that identifies the world's most valuable brands measured by their dollar value.
Employee Experience, Diversity and Accessibility
- TD was named one of Hewitt Associates’ 50 Best Employers in Canada for the second year in a row.
- The Great Place to Work Institute named TDBFG to its Best Workplace list for the fourth year in a row.
- TD was selected as one of Greater Toronto's Top Employers for 2010 as featured by the Toronto Star.
- The Human Rights Campaign, the largest civil rights organization in the U.S. focused on LGBT equality, named TD Bank, America’s Most Convenient Bank among America’s “Best Places to Work” for LGBT employees.
- Maclean’s magazine named TD one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers.
- The Mediacorp Canada named TDBFG one of the Best Employers for New Canadians.
- TD Canada Trust was recognized as “Best Bank” and TD Waterhouse as “Best Investment Advisor Firm” in Xtra.ca’s “Best of Toronto” list.
- The Canadian Agencies Practicing Marketing Activation Awards awarded TD a Silver in the “Best Sponsorship or Tie-In Campaign” for TD Canada Trust’s sponsorship of Pride Week Toronto and a Bronze in “Best Small Budget Campaign” for the TD Canada Trust New Branch Openings (Commerce Style) program.
- The Canadian Foundation for Physically Disabled Persons gave TD its 2009 Corporate Award.
- Mediacorp Canada named TDBFG one of Canada’s Greenest Employers.
- The Great Canadian Shoreline Cleanup won the Best Business & Community Partnership award from Imagine Canada.
- TDBFG was named to the list of 100 Most Sustainable Corporations in the World by Corporate Knights Inc. and Innovest Strategic Value Advisors.
- The Conference Board of Canada and the Carbon Disclosure Project (CDP) selected TD as a 2009 Climate Disclosure Leader.
- Corporate Knights magazine recognized the TD Global Sustainability Fund in an annual ranking of Canadian mutual funds that incorporate environmental, social and governance factors into their investment and management processes.