Striving to be the bank of choice for people with disabilities
In addition to our standard offerings, TD provides the following products, services and facilities for those with disabilities:
Across North America:
- 100% of our bank machines have audio capability.
- We launched a new Web accessibility tool to improve the online banking experience for customers who have visual impairments or where English is not their first language.
- Bank documents, such as credit card statements and personal cheques, are available upon request in formats such as large-font and Braille at no additional charge.
- We produce electronic large-font versions of popular brochures.
- Generic large-font and Braille business cards are available in all customer-facing locations.
TD has developed an internal design standard that ensures all new premises are fully accessible. At the same time, we’re working to retrofit older facilities.
- In Canada, we completed 79 retrofit projects at retail branches and investment centres to provide designated barrier-free parking spaces, sidewalks and/or ramps, automatic door operators and accessible entrance vestibules and night deposit boxes.
- In 2009 25 sites were renovated at a cost of $797,274. Since the project’s inception in 2006, we have spent $6.5 million renovating 197 sites. We plan to renovate an additional 62 sites in 2010.
- In the United States, we completed 89 renovation projects to improve accessibility.