As a financial services provider we have a role to play in supporting access to banking services to help people help themselves. We provide a number of special services to seniors, students/youth and low-income customers.
In Canada we offer a number of lost-cost banking options:
- For seniors, TD offers the Plan 60 Chequing Account, which features unlimited free transactions and special discounts.
- We offer all of our customers the option of the Minimum Chequing Account, a low-fee, basic banking option.
- For young people, we offer a Youth Account, providing free unlimited transactions for those under 19 years of age, and a Value Plus Chequing Account with no monthly fee for post-secondary school students.
- We comply with Canadian government Access to Basic Banking Services regulations by cashing federal government-issued cheques that are $1,500 or less at no charge for non-customers.
- TD opens personal accounts regardless of whether a person is unemployed, is or has been bankrupt, or is unable to make an initial deposit, as long as required conditions are met.