Our recruitment initiatives focus on reaching the broadest possible talent pools. We do this by building awareness and relationships with well-respected regional and national organizations that serve diverse groups.
In 2010 we participated in:
- The Aboriginal Human Resources Council’s InclusionWorks 2010 conference, an event that brings Aboriginal graduates from across the country together with employers;
- A workplace readiness program for capable candidates with disabilities;
- The Back to Work program for professional women;
- The hireAbility program in the U.S through which TD recruiters source and hire candidates with disabilities; and
- Also in the U.S.: the National Black MBA Association and the National Society of Hispanic MBA Association national conferences and recruiting fairs, as well as the Reaching Out MBA career fair for members of the LGBT community.
Partnering with ACCES Employment Services, we hosted financial services connection and speed mentoring events. These events give job seekers, many new to Canada, an opportunity to meet one on one with TD recruiters and executives for advice on their resumés and a mini-interview.