Office of the Ombudsman
The Office of the Ombudsman offers an impartial service to customers of TD Bank Group regarding issues that remain unsolved.
Kerry Robbins has been the TD Ombudsman since September 2014. Kerry has worked at TD for over 17 years in increasingly senior roles in a wide variety of areas, including Direct Channels, Branch Banking, and Real Estate Secured Lending. Kerry has a BA from King’s College at the University of Western Ontario and a Masters of Business Administration from Anglia Business School in Cambridge, England.
She also serves as a Director on the board of the London Children’s Museum. Kerry is recognized in the bank for her breadth of experience and business knowledge and her wide network of contacts, sense of fairness, and integrity.
The TD Ombudsman’s Office has the mandate to act as a liaison between customers and business areas within TD (including TD Canada Trust, TD Wealth, TD Insurance, TD Auto Finance, TD Commercial Banking, & MBNA).
The Ombudsman’s Office operates and reports independently of the business areas to review customer concerns that remain unresolved after being addressed by TD’s internal dispute resolution process. We conduct thorough and impartial investigations of customer concerns. We review the issue and documentation with both the customer and the area of TD involved so we fully understand all aspects of it.Features of the TD Ombudsman service include:
- Provides customers with an independent review of issues that they feel haven’t been adequately resolved by the business itself.
- Provides TD independent feedback regarding its own services, products and operations.
- An effective alternative to the court system for resolving customer concerns.
- A service that is voluntary, confidential, sufficiently resourced and available free of charge.
- When appropriate, may make recommendations to resolve issues where we find TD’s actions or inactions contribute directly to customer costs or losses.
The TD Ombudsman service does not normally investigate concerns regarding:
- bank policies, including credit granting or risk management decisions;
- interest rate levels;
- other charges or fees that are disclosed;
- matters where legal action has already commenced or has been concluded.
In order to resolve your concern, you must go through Steps 1 and 2 of TD's internal customer problem resolution process. Please review that process for further details on how to contact us if you remain dissatisfied after completion of those Steps.
Clients must complete Step 1 and 2 of the TD Complaint Resolution process before the Ombudsman will be able to review their case.
Telephone: 1-888-361-0319 or 416-982-4884
Fax: 1-866-891-2410 or 416-983-3460