TD President and CEO Ed Clark and the Senior Executive Team play direct roles in driving TD’s diversity agenda. Each diversity priority has its own senior executive lead.
The TD Diversity Leadership Council (DLC):
The DLC’s main objective is to champion diversity in Canada and the U.S. They work hard to drive diversity initiatives with business units across the organization and help groups embed diversity into their business plans.
The Corporate Diversity Office.
Led by a Vice President who works with the Diversity Leadership Council and diversity managers in each major line of business, the Corporate Diversity Office develops strategies to promote diversity and inclusion within TD.
The TD Employee Council For Employment Equity
This group advises on the development, revision and implementation of TD’s Employment Equity Plan and reviews progress made toward achieving the plan’s objectives.
|Our Diversity Leadership Framework – Priorities and Committees|
|Diversity Leadership Council led by
Group Head Wealth Management and Chairman & CEO TD Waterhouse Canada
|Priority||Canadian Chair||U.S. Chair|
|People with Disabilities||Tim Hockey
Group Head, Canadian Banking,
and President and CEO, TD Canada Trust
Executive Vice President, Retail Banking & Complementary Channels
|Aboriginal Peoples||Kerry Peacock
Executive Vice President, Branch Banking
Executive Vice President, Business Banking
Senior Executive Vice President, Shared Services
|Visible Minorities||Satish Rai
Senior Vice President TDBFG and Vice Chair Portfolio Management
Senior Vice President, Cash Management
Group Head Finance and Chief Financial Officer
Executive Vice President, Store Operations and Service Programs
|Serving Diverse Communities||Dominic Mercuri
Executive Vice President and Chief Marketing Officer
Chief Marketing Officer
2009 Diversity Governance Highlights
- We published six intranet articles featuring a Diversity Leadership Council member talking about their own diversity priority area. Each executive shared insights on the personal significance of their priority area and updated employees on current TD initiatives. Using an online blog, employees entered into the dialogue and were able to post their own comments on the featured articles.
- In the U.S., 2009 has been a year for establishing our diversity governance structure and conducting research.
Diversity Policy and Management Systems
TD has a comprehensive policy framework to support our diversity program:
- Values of diversity and inclusion inform TD’s Guiding Principles;
- Employee Relations policies;
- Employment Equity Annual Report
- Code of Conduct and Ethics;
- TD’s Harassment, Discrimination and Violence in the Workplace Policy.
Our Workplace Accommodation Policy outlines TD’s commitment to accommodate employee needs in a wide range of areas. This includes time away or time off for observance of religious practices. We also provide flexible work options and accommodate a wide range of disabilities in the workplace.