Discover our banking options for newcomers to Canada.
TD has what you need to get started
Save, borrow & invest
The New to Canada banking package is available if you:
- Have been a Permanent Resident or Temporary Resident of Canada for 5 years or less
- Provide proof of your status through your Permanent Resident Card or Temporary Permit
- Have never opened or held a TD chequing account
- Are the age of majority in your province or territory of residence
What to bring to the branch
When you visit a TD branch, bring 1 of the following pieces of residency identification with you:
- Permanent Resident Card
- Confirmation of permanent residence (e.g., IMM Form 5292)
- Temporary Permit (e.g., IMM Form 1442, 1208, 1102)
And bring 1 of the following pieces of personal identification with you:
- Valid passport
- Canadian driver’s licence
- Government of Canada identification card
Note: Other identification documents may be acceptable or required. Please visit a TD branch for details.
We speak your language
Book an appointment
Meet with a banking specialist in person at the branch closest to you.
Locate a branch
Speak with a banking specialist at the branch closest to you.
Our banking specialists are ready to answer your questions