in five easy steps.
It's streamlined and secure
Takes as little as 20 minutes to complete
And you can apply for more than one product or service
Tax Free Savings Account§
- Apply for a personal bank account in your name only*
- Be a Canadian resident
- Be of age of majority in your province or territory
- Agree to share your information with TD Bank Group so that we can serve you better
- Your Social Insurance Number
- The ability to visit a TD Canada Trust Branch or TD Direct Investing location to finish opening your account
Important Information Regarding Registered Accounts
You may only designate your estate as your beneficiary in this online application**. In addition, this online application cannot accept the designation of a successor holder for a TFSA.§
§Refers to the TD Waterhouse Tax-Free Savings Account
**If you wish to designate a beneficiary other than estate or a successor holder, please do not continue with this online application. Instead, you must visit any TD Canada Trust Branch or TD Direct Investing location in person to open a TFSA.
* If you are a Pro you must apply in person at any TD Canada Trust Branch or TD Direct Investing location to open your account.
The beneficiary is the person whom the TFSA planholder has selected in writing to receive the proceeds of the RSP on the death of the planholder
The successor holder is the spouse/common-law partner of the TFSA planholder whom the planholder has selected in writing to take over the TFSA plan on the death of the planholder