Credit Card Interest Rate Relief Request
Am I Eligible?
To request this option online, you must meet the following criteria:
- You are the primary account holder for this credit card.
- This is not a business credit card.
- You have not previously received an Interest Rate Relief option for COVID-19 on this credit card.
- You are currently approved for the Canada Emergency Response Benefit (CERB) and/or you are currently receiving Employment Insurance or you can demonstrate other evidence of financial hardship.
Things to consider
- If you choose to request the Interest Rate Relief option and qualify, 50% of the monthly interest accrued on your outstanding balance as set out in your Cardholder Agreement and Disclosure Statement will be processed each month as a credit on your statement for the 3-month period. The interest credit could take up to 30 days from the time it has been approved to show on your statement.
- We are currently experiencing high volumes related to COVID-19 and will process your request as quickly as possible. Please do not re-submit your request. Thank you for your patience.
- Communications regarding your request will be sent to the email you provide using regular email. We will send you the following emails:
- A confirmation email once you have submitted your request.
- An email updating you on the outcome of your request.
- An email reminder at the end of the 3-month period.