Buying a vehicle
Financing a vehicle
What to expect
Auto financing considerations
- Consider how often you'll drive, average number of passengers, road travel and even children. All factor into your vehicle financing.
- Every vehicle comes with extra costs, from insurance and maintenance, to parking, tires, or seasonal storage.
- Factor in mind your rent/mortgage payments, travel, entertainment and other monthly costs.
- Explore your options and review our learning resources and download the TD Wheels app for more helpful tools.
I'm looking for:
There's a lot to consider when you're buying your first vehicle. From financing options and determining affordability to credit solutions, we're here for you.
- List all your monthly expenses to determine how much you can afford to spend.
- How is your credit history? Outstanding debts, missed loan or credit card payments can affect your credit score.
- Based on your finances, how quickly will you pay down your loan? You have options for payment frequency.
- Explore what terms, rates and amortization mean and how they affect your financial decisions.
- Never buy on impulse. A well thought out plan will make ownership financially comfortable.
Your credit history is a record of your ability to borrow and repay loans on time. One of the best ways to start building your credit history or improve your credit score is to apply for credit and demonstrate that you can use the credit responsibly.
Your borrowing history directly affects your credit score and borrowing options.
You're almost ready to make your purchase. Before you head out, review the lists below so you can be prepared on the day you buy.
What to bring
- Valid driver's license or other Photo ID (not including health card)
- Proof of income (e.g. T4, Paystubs)
- Proof of insurance (required to drive away with new car)
- Trade-in info, if applicable (ownership papers, current loan amount and lien holder)
What is included in the price of the vehicle?
Does the vehicle come with a warranty?
Long-term maintenance costs?
Any additional features?
Miles/kms that are on the car?
Service inclusions and restrictions?
Average fuel consumption?