International Student Bank Accounts

Get a TD Student Chequing Account

  • No monthly fee1
  • Unlimited transactions each month2
  • Free paperless record keeping or online statements
  • Free EasyWeb View Cheque service
  • No minimum monthly balance requirement
  • Plus, get Overdraft Protection3 for greater peace of mind

If our student account doesn’t fit your needs, we have other accounts that might be better for you.

View Details

Open a TD International Student GIC

We want to help you feel even more confident about coming to Canada to continue your education.

When you have a TD International Student GIC, it can help you complete your application for a study permit under the Government of Canada's Student Direct Stream (SDS) program.

Get a savings account with a bonus rate4

  • No monthly fee1
  • Unlimited free transfers2
  • Earn Interest on every dollar, calculated daily
  • 1 free debit transaction per month2
  • Free paperless record keeping or online statements
  • Earn a bonus rate on your savings for 6 months4

Choose between a TD Every Day Savings Account, TD High Interest Savings Account or TD ePremium Savings Account

Get a credit card, no credit history required5,6

Start to Build your Canadian credit history with a TD Credit Card.

Use Interac e-Transfer® to send money within Canada, and Visa Direct to send money internationally.7 We'll refund the transfer fee for one of each transaction per month for 6 months.8

Get a Student Line of Credit

Even if you have no credit history in Canada, you could be eligible for a Student Line of Credit with a Canadian co-signer.

Am I eligible?

To be eligible for the TD International Student GIC Program, you must:

  • Meet the eligibility requirements of the Government of Canada's Student Direct Stream Program
  • Be an individual who is planning on studying at a post-secondary designated learning institution in Canada
  • Be a minimum of 18 years of age at the time of application
  • Not be opening an account on behalf of a third party

You may qualify for the International Student Package if:

  • You are a temporary or permanent resident of Canada for 5 years or less
  • You are a student registered full-time and attending a post-secondary program at a registered university or community college
  • You provide proof of your status through your Temporary Permit, Permanent Resident Card or Student Permit
  • You have never opened or held a TD Chequing Account
  • You are the age of majority in your province or territory of residence

When you apply

You’ll need to bring 3 pieces of identification:

  • Temporary Permit (IMM Form #1442/1208/1102)
  • Proof of enrolment in a post-secondary program.
  • One of the following documents9 : A valid passport, Canadian Driver’s License, or Canadian Government Identification card

Back to top